Lowering the Spawn Rate?

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by North_Korean, Aug 1, 2013.

?

Should the spawn rate be lowered?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. aarondang

aarondang Active Member

Well, you could just go crazy and slaughter them all. Monster souls are delicious.

2. AQTguy

AQTguy Member

True dat! True dat!

3. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

I almost never die to mobs around my house, only when I'm mining :p

4. thechooosen1

thechooosen1 Active Member VIP

It's because you rack diserprin ~_~

5. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

From what I've tested, around 5-10 mobs are spawning a second within this range. The main problem for this, is that new players starting out face double spawn rate anyone else has to. Since peaceful/pvp spawn are so large, no mobs can spawn within the 5 chunk range behind or beside the player, so they all get concentrated into half the area.

We'd really have to find a compromise. Sure, lowering the spawn rate will make it a lot easier for current members, but at the moment it's pretty much impossible for a new member in iron armor and with a sword to take on the mobs outside peaceful spawn at night time. sharqman Would it work if we world edit in large caves/rooms underneath the spawns and allow mob spawning in them, so the spawning is as per usual around peaceful and pvp spawns?

Legend9468 likes this.
  6. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

I have level 208 in mcMMO swords, and at least 150 of those were from wearing iron armor, holding a diamond sword, and running around a desert in peaceful. Neither the armor nor the sword were enchanted, and I died ~5 times total (no use of right-click abilities). Usually a little server lag would make running around in the middle of the night nearly mob-less, when in single player, you would probably be screwed. The limited spawn range makes the difficulty balanced similar to single player.

7. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah well, I suck at killing stuff in caves as I get surrounded and blown up most of the time.