BSoD Troubleshooting :/

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by QuietSea, Aug 7, 2013.

1. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

If I was at home id like to see the file. The thing with blender is because of the raw processing power it can do with graphics it can get powerful pretty fast.

2. Navarog

Navarog Well-Known Member

Try this:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/check-your-hard-disk-for-errors

If that doesn't do anything, try to do more passes on the RAM check.

If you find a fix post it pl0x, I'm having the same problem, only I can't get SP1 because the updater hates me. ;-; Usually blue screens have a nameish thing or cause in the first few lines, things like: DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_EQUAL. If you're getting frequent blue screens look for that. :I They're usually not in the error reports that you're given after your computer restarts. Microsoft sucks at error reports. =D

Malware and viruses can also be found on trusted websites, so a virus scan might fix it. If it is malware or a virus, I'd try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 (or try it anyway if nothing else works).

(Doing the second link before the first would be a better idea, then schedule your HDD to check for errors on your next start up)

3. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

if i can figure out how to get the .blend file to you yeh that's fine
    Yeah I almost never get BSoD's... This is probably the first BSoD i've had on this computer since as long as i can remember. :/ Ever since I updated, did scans, cleaned registry, etc I haven't really had any problems with my computer. I might reinstall my GPU drivers though.

4. North_Korean

I doubt its a virus just I doubt quiet leaves his computer that easily open. I figure its drivers.

QuietSea likes this.
  5. North_Korean

Is your computer booting in safe mode or if not boot from a linux image on a dvd or usb to see if it will boot.

6. Navarog

Even if he doesn't keep his computer "that easily open", any website with Flash (almost any type of script) could potentially give you a virus. Things like mod download pages with any moving ads could hold a virus. >_>

7. North_Korean

Avast with ccleaner combination will keep you very protected.

8. QuietSea

I have adblocker installed, which basically blocks every type of add. So I almost never have to deal with "moving ads." :3 I just have to watch out for those pesky facebook/twitter malware links that try to take over with javascript

9. Navarog

The point was that viruses could hide on any page like that, not that they hide in ads exclusively. :u But whatever.

10. QuietSea

Yeh, i added more to my original post saying

11. QuietSea

But yeah I'm gonna do some more diagnostic stuff and see if any more problems persist

12. North_Korean

btw xkcd.com/1247

13. QuietSea

what is that?

14. North_Korean

Its a webcomic super funny I cant copy paste on a ps vita.

15. QuietSea