[DENIED]oiShocKWavesv's mod application

Discussion in 'Requests and Reports' started by oiShocKWavesv, Aug 12, 2013.

?

Am I suitable for the moderator position?

1. Yes

21.7%
  2. No

78.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InvaderZar

InvaderZar Member

Allright, allright, enough.
    Shock, you've become a person here lately that I can call a friend. :3
    But you're still young, and you haven't been on the server very long.
    You are very fair, which is a good quality when looking for a moderator, and when you upset you manage to keep your cool whilst dealing with a problem. And of course the past is something to consider, but not dwell upon. Xraying will put a serious dent if you want this position. I think you're a great guy, very nice and very collected for a thirteen year old. But this time I'm going to have to say no. But if this is not your time to shine, I think in the future you should definately apply again! But I don't think in any way you are immature. :)

AQTguy likes this.
  2. AQTguy

AQTguy Member

Now that I've read the more posts on your mod app i wish I could just take my vote back and not vote for either yes and no. Imma hav to agree with the gal pal above me (Zar) i wish I would've read more carefully and all no harsh feelings man ur an amazing guy for 13 but dont get me wrong i see now tht ur just not ready (not tht i hav a powerful role in this) for mod. So imma say good luck to you! And maybe try again in a month if u dont get it (not saying u wont :p)

Well that's all I guess,

Your friend,

AQT

3. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

Regarding the 250 hours thing... In 2 weeks, there are 14 days... you would have to spend 10 of those literally on 24/7, and I mean the ENTIRE day. Every single hour. Then another almost half-day.. o_o when do you sleep?

stlnaturals likes this.
  4. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

Sorry man but I agree sith AQT using myself as an example I have beeen here for two years and prior to recently. I was not ready for any srt of responsibility. It is good I havent been made staff yet I was a very unpredictable child their is just a certain aspect of yes I gotta say it maturity involved you effect alot of peoples free time and enjoyment. No matter what age people are impulsive heck Im 17 and still impulsive just quite a bit less. Plus a little bit of life experiance goes a long way. Just give it a year or two.

aarondang likes this.
  5. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

Pad blatca ran on coke zero for a summer before its possible @blatca11 is a android.

6. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

I just wanted some constructive criticism, not to ba called immature by everyone :/

7. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

I haven't said nuffin yet n not going to either...sometimes its best to just shrug n smile

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

8. oiShocKWavesv

Ok, thanks Zar, that's what I was talking about when it comes to criticism. And I meant 4 weeks if that's not what I said. And thanks to Korean as well. As I said before this is sort of a trial application and I knew the whole X-ray thing was going to rear it's ugly head again. I'm really not proud of that and I wish people would stop bringing it up.. xD

9. oiShocKWavesv

I said four weeks and I did my maths, I would have to spend just under 10 hours on daily, with the exception of a few days where I'm on for more or less. And some of those I probably was on for 24 hours :p

10. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

How do you feel your current rank is limiting you? And it's only been a little over a month since your unban, which, for people who have been on the server for 1-2 years, is very recent, so it'll effect a lot of people's decisions. Also, it generally shows that you'll do things if you think you won't get caught, which is an area of concern.

I'll also leave this here, which applies to all apps for both servers.

sharqman likes this.
  11. oiShocKWavesv

I just want to do more to help the server, being green the only thing I can really so is donate and vote every day. As for all the X-ray and only being on recently, this was more of a trial run to see what everyone's general perception of me is. And so far, that perception isn't very good...

12. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

I definitely know that feeling, but you don't need a rank to be helpful.

Beocca likes this.
  13. oiShocKWavesv

I know I can be helpful, it's just that with mod I could have a feeling of usefulness instead of trying to be useful.

14. Beocca

Beocca Member VIP

People that answer questions and help guide newer players are always useful! These are the ways you could probably be the most help to the server and the current staff. As a mod previously I was always grateful for players that answered others questions.

A rank upgrade to junior mod wont let you be much more useful than u currently are in all honesty.

oiShocKWavesv and aarondang like this.
  15. oiShocKWavesv

I try my best to be helpful in anyway I can but sometimes I just let senior mods and admins deal within as people tend to want to listen to them more :)

16. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]
    I am going to lock this, you should wait at least a couple months before giving it another go.

thechooosen1 and InvaderZar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.