Build Contest's for this year

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by Chronos, Aug 30, 2013.

?

Solo builds or Team builds! cast your votes!

1. Solo Build

70.0%
  2. Team Build

30.0%
  1. Chronos

Chronos Active Member

I was thinking we could do some Build Contest's this year again like last year one in october 1 in november and 1 in december for halloween thanksgiving and christmas. Also i would like suggestions on how big plots should be and also if they should be solo builds or team builds. The theme will be for each holiday.

2. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Sounds like a good idea for the holidays

3. Chronos

Chronos Active Member

Also we will need some idea's for a Prize for the winning player or team also i would like the prize to be something that would really urge player's to try and build something outstanding

4. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Might start up small 20/30 min quickbuilds, 1v1 at a time. Every saturday and see how it goes, feature holiday events could be cool. We cant award prizes, only pride :p

5. iamenrique123

iamenrique123 Active Member VIP

Could we do some solo, some 2 person team and some 4 person team?

6. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

new guest plotworld is perfect size we could set a warp close to the edge and hold it there

7. Chronos

Chronos Active Member

I was thinking maybe a small world that would be opened when the event was being held for b1 and up maybe and maybe even guest's could come also

8. Chronos

Chronos Active Member

and why no prize ?

9. thechooosen1

thechooosen1 Active Member VIP

Maybe have a couple of competitions like have a winner of solo people and a winner of groups? Maybe more...

10. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Longer contests never end well. If anything they should be short timed ones limited to 30-60 minutes

11. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Yeah what Quiet said, we don't yet have the player base to make a longer competition viable. In regard to rewards the best we could really do is maybe give them a tag in front of their name for a week or something? Beyond that I have no idea what we could do.

12. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Team builds are like school projects with other people. There is one guy who does all the work, one guy who slows everyone down, and one who does nothing and takes all the credit..... *cough cough* Navarog.

13. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

ill make a poll for some contest ideas in a bit