Melon farm contest!!!

Discussion in 'Contests/Events' started by Wkdclwncar, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

I am running a new contest for this week only! Go to the mall and buy one of my Melon Seeds. Use it to build the best melon farm you can make. I will be judging on size, design, effeciency and overall aesthetics. Once your farm is done and in serious bloom, place the coords here in this forum! Make sure to leave the coords so I can check it even if you're offline! Post submissions here or they arent valid entries. On September 28th I will pick an official winner and reward them a large monetary prize (1500r+) and some handy items from my supplies! Good luck and cant wait to see those farms!!

2. blumi78

blumi78 Member VIP

Where do you got Melon seeds from? :eek:

3. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

At the Plant Store in the mall

4. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

3-4 players have found them in mining world. But I'm confused, as you are, because the mining world hasn't been updated to a 1.8 map yet. Idk, weird.

5. ace5511

ace5511 Member VIP Creative Architect

The mining border is at 1000 right? Well maybe within that radius was unexplored land. You would be able to tell you entered 1.8 land because the generation looks weird. So they went there. Dug down. Shazam abandoned mineshaft

6. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

But you know where it is.

7. BHViper

BHViper New Member

+2352

It's amazing what you can do with a single seed!
    I don't know if you can port there or not, but let me know if you need directions

8. JoThePro20

JoThePro20 New Member

Mine is in my basement...but it sucks. This is all from 1 seed btw ;D

9. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

^ Nice Jo

10. Nicholas2438

Nicholas2438 New Member

+1451
    I hope you like it

11. demonitrax

demonitrax New Member

x:2032
    z:1366
    [​IMG]

12. Dolmen

Dolmen New Member VIP

Dolmen's Sunken Watermelon Garden

X: -4356
    Y: 78
    Z: 756

[​IMG]

13. User_1241

User_1241 New Member VIP

x: 730
    y: 68
    z: 360

I hope you like it!

14. subwayis666

subwayis666 Member

demon... wtf

15. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

Thank you very much to all that entered! I love to run contests, and I will be doing so regularly from now on, so keep your eyes on the forums :D To those who did not get a chance to enter, I hope to see you in my next!

There were only a few entrants this time, though I saw many amazing farms! Congratulations to the winners, and a small prize goes to everyone who entered! Ive decided after much deliberation and repeated viewings of each farm to pay out prizes as follows:

1st Place : BHViper 1750r
    2nd Place : Demonitrax 750r
    All other contestants will receive 250r each !

I am very glad to see the effort you all put into your farms! I look forward to the next contest :D

16. Dolmen

Dolmen New Member VIP

Fun contest. :)

In hindsight, I should've went with my first idea and built my melon garden inside Padaun's head.

What? No screenshot of the winning garden? I have to walk there to see it?

I don't know if you know this, but I roleplay my character with a limp. This is how he walks: take one step and stop, take another step and stop, and so on. So it'll take me a long time to get there. At least three weeks in real time, I'm guessing. And that's assuming I don't see any chickens, as I also roleplay him with an irrational fear of chickens. If he sees a chicken, he limps in the opposite direction for 5 minutes, then circles around.

Not that I'm complaining about no screenshot. Now that I think about it, my character could use the exercise. He rarely leaves his house because of his crippling dendrophobia. The watermelon contest was a rare exception and it left him a nervous wreck, I'm afraid.

EDIT: the big statue of Padaun's head, I mean.

17. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

Unfortunately, you did not post the coords on this forum within the deadline :D

Thats a lot of roleplaying :D My character drinks too much and has kids bugging him constantly, so he seems distracted :D Hes quite the family man.
    P.S. I wouldnt tell Padaun about your love of his head. Whenever I hit on him he gets uncomfortable :)

18. Padaun

You mean I get ready to ban someone out of sheer terror?

19. Dolmen

Dolmen New Member VIP

B-b-but your statue needs a brain.

A watermelon brain!

20. Padaun

Wait... which statue?