Summoning Ocelots and Wolves

Discussion in 'Survival Guides and Tutorials' started by StephenP67, Sep 19, 2013.

1. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

I thought I would just post this as an FYI for anyone interested in summoning an ocelot or wolf for taming. I think as part of mcMMO you can summon an ocelot by sneaking (shift) and clicking the ground while holding 64 raw fish. Similarly you can summon a wolf the same way but holding bones I believe. While the summoned ocelot already looks like a cat it still needs to be tamed otherwise it will despawn. It's a bit hard to tell when it has been tamed because it doesn't change it's appearance like it would taming a wild ocelot but if it starts to follow you without getting skittish and running away then it is tamed. It will show hearts whenever you feed it but that doesn't mean it has been tamed. You lose the 64 fish you use to summon the ocelot so you will need another 20 or so for taming. Maybe less, possibly more. I needed about 20. mcMMO wiki says that it summons a tamed ocelot but my first ocelot ran away without the proper taming process.

Dynodamon likes this.
  2. StephenP67

According to mcMMO wiki you only need 10 so would that be the case here?

3. StephenP67

Wouldn't mind seeing it a little more challenging than 8 but 64 was a bit of an ask.

4. StephenP67

Ok now I'm sad. My new ocelot seems to have de-spawned. Do they just not stick around when you summon them?

5. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

No, summoned pets despawn after a short period of time. All pets that were acquired by breeding with the spawned pet will despawn as well.

6. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

wat I think my wolves are still in basing they were either spawned by mcmmo or breeded by mcmmo wolves.

7. Abdullahj

Abdullahj Active Member

So THAT'S why my bat despawned!

8. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Have to name the spawned animals so they stay

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

9. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah, even the ones I spawned with mcmmo are still there, they spawn with a name.

10. StephenP67

Ok I might try and get some name tags before I try again. They seem hard to come by though. Thanks.

11. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

I dont think you guys understand >_< All McMMO spawned wolves and ocelots since the McMMO update will despawn, all spawned before that will stay. Doesn't matter if they are named.

12. Abdullahj

Abdullahj Active Member

Excellent Idea!

13. StephenP67

Awww :(. Dang.

Guess I'll have to have a few jungle expeditions.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  14. StephenP67

Well I tamed and named two jungle spawned ocelots so hopefully they hang around this time :).

If they de-spawn after only a day the way my first two did then 8 fish is probably about right.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  15. StephenP67

I'm happy now. My kitty collection is complete :).

Kittys.jpg

Nifix likes this.
  16. StephenP67

Man my cats went mental last night during a storm. I guess they don't like thunder.

17. kizzyfazzle

kizzyfazzle Active Member VIP

Lol. Is that in minecraft or irl... Because if thats in minecraft than thats so coooool

18. StephenP67

IML :)

Edit: Hmmm they were doing it again and it wasn't raining or anything. There was a spider outside so maybe they're just reacting to mobs being nearby.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013