What book are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by treyman77, Sep 24, 2013.

1. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

Read all books in my room, and I neeeeed new books. Read LOTR, all 3 books, within 5 weeks, which is pretty impressive IMO. Latest book I read was " The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time"

2. BurningIce2

BurningIce2 Active Member VIP

I can't really think of any books I can read, you guys have any idea what I might like?

I like books in the same style as The Hunger Games, Maze Runner, Antony Horowitz' Alex Rider series and LOTR.

Bearing onn mind, I am only 13 years old, and even though I know what you need to do to have kids, I don't want an overload of it.

3. MelinaHites

MelinaHites Active Member VIP

It seems you like sifi/fantasy:

Divergent?
    Giver quartet?
    The chaos walking series.
    Eon (girl main character, kinda like mulan but cooler and less disney)
    what about the cherub series (Robert muchmore is the author)[he does another series that is something brothers but the proper name is escaping me]
    blood red road (Moira young) if you can get over the writing it's a great story.
    the selection (Whiney lead but like Cinderella meets big brother meets hunger games)
    Starters and Enders. It was decent.
    The testing series

I could go on and on. This is my genre

All are teen series and all(as far as I aware of)do not have the nasty bits in. They night be indirectly referenced but that's it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  4. MelinaHites

Also your phone might do it. Might be an "international keyboard ie japanese *\(^o^)/*

5. BurningIce2

Wow! Thanks.
    I think I will give them all a poke (σ`ν`)σ (that's the best I can do)

6. BurningIce2

You're right

7. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

If you like the sci fi genre cida, you should check out the slaver wars series.

8. BurningIce2

Sounds interesting alright

9. Grimmjow

Grimmjow New Member

I am currently reading the lotr series + hobbit and silmarillion

10. GingerSwan

Silmarillion is too hard to read. The egrath of the nunemorororor is kouwst of howbaseek. like wtf

11. MelinaHites

I find wiring stuff down helps. Or tabbing things

12. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Going on a long road trip any book suggestions, that'll keep me entertained?

13. Grimmjow

Grimmjow New Member

sisterhood of the traveling pants

14. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

C# 2012 for Programmers

BurningIce2 and Random0ne like this.
  15. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I've heard that's a positively invigorating read. What really throws you is the huge plot twist at the end.

BurningIce2 and Slebert like this.
  16. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Spoiler for spoiler.

BurningIce2, Slebert and Random0ne like this.
  17. GingerSwan

I read the Skulduggery Pleasant series, only available in Ireland, UK, Australia, and New Zealand irc, it may have changed.

18. BurningIce2

I read both the Divergent and The Selection trilogies in, what, 5 days, a week? I was bored and was reading the whole day.
    Plus, Divergent was awesome. The Selection was ok, maybe a little too girly for my taste...

19. MelinaHites

My bad friend. I didn't realize you were a dude. Try uglies(Scott westerfeld) Daren shanns series he's got a couple horror teen ones. Did you also read Four? The fallen kingdoms trilogy(author escaping me). Kenneth Opal is a great story teller. Uh Scott pilgrim (graphic novel but it's pretty great). The Rithmitast Brandon Sanderson. I can't think of anything else off hand. I'll make a list tommorow at work and reply agian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waterpower1 likes this.
  20. BurningIce2

Oh wow, forgot to mention that! Sorry!