1.7 changes?

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by sharqman, Oct 5, 2013.

?

Which system should we use?

1. One world

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. Two worlds (current system)

22 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Other (post below)

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

There has been much discussion in staff if we should change the system we use for our maps.
    Note that your stuff will still be moved regardless of what happens.
    So I am making this thread as suggested to get more user input on what should be done. So far we have 3 main ideas of what to do.

1) (keep it the same) 1 pvp world 1 peaceful world

2) (one world) have one world that will be pvp. Towns can be either pvp or peaceful (cost to change). There will be a spawn town that is peaceful with big open plots.
    • Players can buy outposts from this town for peaceful areas outside of the town.
    • PvP towns will get a benefit that has yet to be determined(most likely a private enderdragon/wither fight).
    • The spawn town will have a market district, and several residential districts with their own farm districts.
    • The farms will have to be player maintained and created.
    • Players not in the spawn town will be able to buy plots, but they would cost as players who join the town will get plots for residential plots for free.
    • The town size will most likely be 1000 blocks or more in radius.
    The layout of the town will be similar to this emblem from the game of thrones. Please spare me I did this in paint.
    3) (separate the worlds) This idea has been rejected by staff but I still wanted it here for reference. Completely separate pvp and peaceful.
    • Peaceful gets mining and it's own end. pvp get's nether and it's own end.
    • Everything will be separate except rupies.
    Why was it rejected?
    It isn't easy to do due to the fact that most plugins are not made for this system. i.e. you can only have 1 home, it's not per world, and events will be harder to do and glass cage will be either boring(money prizes) or impossible. It would also spit the player base, most players would only play on one map because it would be too much work to play on 2 maps (like playing on 2 different servers)

Those are the ideas we have come up with. Why the possible change? Because it could be possible that one of the new system is better than the old, thus attracting more players and creating a more entertaining atmosphere.
    Feel free to leave any suggestions and ideas you have. Everything is open game except a full reset, we are not going to do that to you guys again. Rule changes, price changes, etc.

2. Flamestar00

Flamestar00 Active Member VIP

Just with the second idea will there be terrain world as well??

3. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

All pvp world is probably going to be a disaster as the majority of our users don't pvp.

4. Flamestar00

Flamestar00 Active Member VIP

But maybe we should tweak our current system a little bit?

5. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Two worlds seems to be the sweet spot. It is simple for those who are new to the server while being effective. It fits the majority of people who log onto the server.

Flamestar00 likes this.
  6. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Voted other: One map with pvp on one side and pve on the other. (Old school Shade Crest, for those who remember)
    Just a thought, may or may not get traction.

7. sharqman

There would be terrain past the spawn own.

8. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

We're doing a spawn town regardless of the outcome, right?

9. sharqman

We could, ofc on a smaller scale.

10. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

I remembered that the old, old system of having one world cut in half was rather successful. Perhaps we could implement that again?

11. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Look up a few posts :p

12. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Eheheh...

Reading op ;)

13. nutz_22

nutz_22 New Member

Thank you sharq for creating this thread. I hope that it can be used as a discussion of what we would like to see happen as there is a reset of the map(s). this is really the time to think about what changes could be made so they can be implemented when 1.7 comes out.

The first suggestion that I would like to make is that the server still allow people like me who don’t care about pvp to still play on the server without having to worry about pvp. Those who do like a pvp world should be accommodated like it is now and some sort of pvp arena(s) should also be provided.

The design and uses for the new spawn(s) are some of the things that will need to be decided. One thing that I would suggest is that a space for anyone to sell items be included. Something similar to the old mall, marketplace or web auction would be appreciated. A discussion on this can be found at http://www.shadecrest.com/site/threads/4935/ but here are some of my reasons for wanting it. It gives more players a place to make money off of the items they gather. It also gives players a single place to look for items that they need. It can be frustrating to go to several shops looking for one item. Having a reason to go to at least a part of spawn increases the chances of seeing other players and creates a greater sense of community.

Giving players more reasons to go to and spend time at spawn is something that I thinks is rather important. It is the first thing that new players and I think it would be great if they saw veteran players there also. I think that spawn ought to be the center of the community. I don’t really know how to make it that way but I think making it the center of the economy and having a pvp arena there would be good start.

CanOpenerTrooper and sharqman like this.
  14. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Personally I like having the pvp and peaceful worlds completely separate and that is what appealed to me when I first joined the server. I hate losing three hours worth of mining when some random player stabs you in the back which happens frequently on other servers. I prefer pvp to be a little more structured where you can opt in if that's what you want to do, not have it inflicted on you.

15. AwesomeGuy2010

AwesomeGuy2010 Active Member

16. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Refer to the New 1.7 maps thread on the main page. We've been saying that we'll move builds for people as we did with creative.

17. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

If we keep the same style will we have new maps or expanded old maps

18. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

New maps

19. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

I like the idea of having a peaceful, non-towny world and a towny pvp world. The only way to build or mine in the towny world would be to do it inside your towns borders. This means two things: you can no longer build in the wilderness and the only place to build (if you are not in a town) in is the peaceful world. Now, this may just apear to be taking away without giving anything back, but I can assure you that this is not the case. All the towns in pvp would be very close to each other, giving all the 'lazy ones' a simple trip that takes them right to the action. It also focuses most of the players who like to pvp to join the communiy. To enhance this even further, outposts or portals can be scattered around peaceful world which privide a direct link to a town in pvp.

For those of you who don't like pvp but want to join a town, don't despair! All you have to do is set your town to have no pvp at all!

20. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

I like classic shadecrest. It worked it was fun and the community wasn't so spread out.

Why the spawn town? I really see no reason for it. It wouldn't follow taxxes. Get as much land as it wanted. Resources for it would probably get spawned in. Just make a spawn with buyable plots. No need for a town and such. You can still have a market in a spawn just gotta world guard region it properly.

EDIT: Could classic shadecrest (half and half) be added to the poll? Or a new poll created?