1.7 changes?

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by sharqman, Oct 5, 2013.

?

Which system should we use?

1. One world

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. Two worlds (current system)

22 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Other (post below)

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. k9katz

k9katz Member

1 large peaceful town sounds like a good idea. There just isn't many people in peaceful towns and this idea would get them together in 1 town. One common market area perhaps like the old mall we once had too? Even though I don't pvp, I think waterpower1 had some good points on it a couple posts above mine.

2. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

i don't know how I feel about this, I don't like it at all.

3. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

The spawn town is to help people live in communities instead of having a bunch of people spread out across the map. We'd need a new poll to add the old SC idea.

Flamestar00 likes this.
  4. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Its more for noobs, who need to start up and be safe until they learn how to play lol.
    edit: darn it other posts didnt load -_-

5. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

For PVP instead of having everyone squished into one town why don't you just limit the members a PVP town can have. Doing this there will be more PVP towns to raid and more people spread across the map

PieSquared761 and Flamestar00 like this.
  6. Killer_Brig

Killer_Brig New Member

That sounds really cool actually, like a max of ten to twenty to a town or so?

7. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Not a huge of the spawn town idea, I feel that it creates of a sense of community, but once people start leaving, it gets crowded with ugly or abandoned buildings.

8. Pieman_Is_God

It would be maintained by admins so we can clean it up and make plot perms properly so there are no issues.

k9katz likes this.
  9. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

At the moment it's not exactly easy for new players to join a town.
    Find out what towns there are --> find out who the assistants are --> wait for them to login --> hope they add you to town --> join.​
    For an open spawn town it's just:
    join town​
    I don't know about you North, but I don't invite people to town if they've only been on the server one day. What if they build a house and leave the server to never be seen again? The reason we'd have this town is so anyone can join the server, and then join a town straight away. If they leave after 2 days, so what? If they stick around longer, they could join another town.
    Ok, this bit confuses me. We shouldn't have a spawn town, we should have a spawn area where you can buy WG plots and live in. So, just a WG town? Not really sure what the point of that would be, it takes significantly longer to set up, no potential for taxes, unfamiliar plugin, etc.
    Follow taxes? As far as I know, only one or two towns actually "follow" taxes, with the rest being funded by a few rich players. And who's to say it won't have taxes? We need a way to kick inactive members, so taxes would be perfect for that

sharqman likes this.
  10. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

What I meant by that is. It won't have to go out and make it's money. Instead admins can just (We will say spawn in since no idea what the word for this would be.) spawn in rupies.

I am getting at the fact that you mine as well just have a normal spawn with some world guard plots. If you know how to use world edit it's probably quicker then claiming with towny. Oh and I would say that a few admins know how to use world guard REALLY WELL.

11. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

So there will be a special world for all town related things?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

12. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

What if spawn had some sort of hotel where new members automatically get a room with a protected chest as a basic home base until they get oriented?

13. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I think a world gaurd spawn town plot area would be nice. If they build something rude it would be easy to clean and no griefers so no need to lock chests. Then once your built up join a real town and have that towns tag in your name. To sort of show off.

14. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

To combine those two ideas, it would be neat if we could perma (Or at least lease it for a month) purchase spawn plots for a hefty price, construct a hotel/motel/shack and rent it out.

15. PieSquared761

I doubt this would work, people really don't like living near each other with houses they can't change. Unless that is, the hotel is super mega ultra super special awesomely good looking, making it so good looking that people WANT to live in there.

16. Legend9468

Touche

I stand by what I said though. I may make a hotel in the next rendition of our server.

17. PieSquared761

That's be awesome :D

18. Legend9468

(I've had plans in the back of my head for a while now; of a small flying town. Consisting of no more than a dozen dwellings, but fully sustainable and mob proof)

19. Pieman_Is_God

I think if most people have voted and there are no other extra ideas we should re do another thread (maybe locked?) and include the extra option of one world, but split down the middle, to get a final result? sharqman

20. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Live with other hermits make franz :p