1.7 map changes poll

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by sharqman, Oct 9, 2013.

?

Which map system do you want?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2013.
  1. Option 1

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. Option 2

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Option 3

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Whatever the option, the map(s) will be reset with new 1.7 terrain!

Option 1:
    2 main maps, pvp and peaceful. (Current system)

Option 2:
    1 map, half pvp half peaceful (original SC system)

Option 3:
    1 map, all pvp (new suggestion) (towns can be made peaceful)

The poll will close after 7 days. When we upgrade to 1.7 we will change our system to the most popular system. Vote wisely!
    P.S. you should also vote for our servers ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
  2. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

Option 2 was great back when the server was smaller, but now that it is so big I don't think it would work unless both sides were huge. If we did go with option 2 it would be great because it just works so well, and it makes it feel like more of a community and dosnt feel like there are whole world's between some of the players, just a large wall XD

Sent from Sleberts phone

3. sharqman

Kind of backwards considering we have >~30 players on averagely and we had ~70 players on average when we had the old system.
    What would be cool, but probably not possible, if you walk past the world boarder you get tp'd to the otherside of the map. Creating a round feel to the map

thechooosen1 likes this.
  4. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Both option 1 and 2 are good, but 3 screws over non-PvPers

5. sharqman

I don't see how it screws over non-pvpers. There would be a huge peaceful spawn town, outposts to buy from it, and peaceful towns. You can mine in mining, and warp to virtually anywhere you need to go.

Dman2416 likes this.
  6. PieSquared761

What if peaceful people like living like hermits, independent of towns? (like me)

DeeeezNutz and Legend9468 like this.
  7. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Then vote for the other option. This thread isnt to ridicule the option you hate, its to vote for the one you want. Discussions can probably be taken elsewhere, those options are the options and whatever one wins we go for :p
    Sorry to be a party pooper, just dont want this full of people moaning about how bad the options are lol

8. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

what would be the size of the world if we were to do option two? or i guess a better question, how big are the halfs going to be? =P

9. Slebert

Nifix made some good points about the plugins being a pain to deal with if we had 1 world with 2 sides. though i would love for this to work, thinking about what Nifix said it would probably end poorly. Im not a fan of the whole PvP world with Peaceful outposts and stuff, because i like to be able to pick were i live and wonder around without getting killed if i do not want to, and i know there are a lot of other players like me on the server :p I think im going to have to vote for Option 1 because it just seems to me like it is working pretty well right now, and like nifix said if it could even be 2 different servers interconnected, which would probably be a pain to set up, but worth it in the long wrong, i think it would be the best for having proper rules and plugins for each server.

The last time it was like this the map was the same size as the current one is divided in 2, which would probably be to small, we would need one probably at least 1.75x that. but ideally 2x would be great.

All in All i think i am going to have to vote for Option 1, Since it seems like it will be best in the long run, as there is more we can do with it.

10. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

It may be a pain to setup for option 2 but we are gonna replace these again eventually. We figure it out this time smooth over the bad parts and have it pretty well figured out how to do a half and half map. It isn't impossible as we had it before. Just requires a bit more planning and figuring as to how to go about it.

11. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

We actually have a plugin which does this: World Border

Nifix and sharqman like this.
  12. Slebert

I can only see this ending in a bunch more stupid pvp rules...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

13. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

If its either of the one world idea theyd be much bigger.
    Chase them. Or man up and live with it lol

14. sharqman

Spread the word in game, it's close between option 1 and 2

15. PieSquared761

If we used one map, wouldn't it be possible to have nether portals in the main world? (Only 1 world, less multiverse problems)

16. sharqman

We could.

17. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Like I said in the thread before this, 2 maps seems to be the sweet spot. Not confusing, not a hassle, just perfect. I don't really understand why this a debate at all. I haven't seen any complaints from our current system, no large problems, and it works! The less we change the less confusing it will be <_<

18. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I can see it now. You're sitting there, peacefully lounging around in your house. Suddenly, you hear a noise, and a gate to hell opens up in your living room! A malevolent marauder hops out and proceeds to loot your home. :p

Obviously, I'm exaggerating a little bit, but that is a problem we would have to address.

DeeeezNutz and sharqman like this.
  19. PieSquared761

You've ruined my plan!

20. sharqman

Right, in that case we won't because the portals back are all screwed up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.