New player help and guidance.

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by thodazarexrt, Oct 9, 2013.

?

The suggestion poll.

1. Not a great idea and could use a little bit of work.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. A very good idea that I personally would enjoy.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Everything is great but there are certain things that could be fixed.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. I might want to see this for new people and anyone on the server who wants a good time in building.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

-The idea I was thinking about from others and their own builds was something that would have unlocked chests for anyone to gain access to through my home or a potential /warp noobshop, it would allow new players or people that are still getting into minecraft a chance to move forward and start to get more into shadecrest

-The name is free to changes and any suggestion for a name can go in the comment section :p, this whole build would be in the form of a shop but there wouldn't be anything to buy at this shop, only to sell and take. I plan on using my own money for this build but any donations would be greatly appreciated :).

-I'm working on getting an underground base built at this time and have some ideas for an underground town, I'll be working on the shop as a side project when I have free time to build.

-This idea is very open to ideas I am allowing any suggestions to be heard and viewed between everyone on the server, if you don't like the idea I made a poll and if it gets enough down votes I will obviously abandon the idea with something more liked by the community.

-If you have an idea that involves this kind of building please feel free to comment your idea.

-I have had this idea ever since I started playing the server but recently got an urge to try it out since my whole new age of activity and potential ranks. Any suggestion counts so post respectfully :). So all in all if you are willing to give ideas do just that and leave a comment in the comment section below.

-Thank you for your time and I hope we can have fun with everything that I plan to do with this build :D.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  2. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

I dont think it would be used very much and people would just dump garbage and take all of the decent stuff, it wouldn't really help new people that much, since it really isn't hard to get started.

Sent from Sleberts phone

sharqman likes this.
  3. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

Alright i'll have that in mind :).

4. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

Oh boy a wall of text.

5. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

I can fix it, here we go my friend :). lol

6. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

It HAD to be in red. Dark blue shades incoming.

7. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

Dark blue shades you say?
    [​IMG]

8. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

Red's my favorite color :p. If I change the color why not red :O.

9. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

To be honest, red is a bit harder on the eyes compared to black when the text is on a white background.

10. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

The chest idea itself is probably a bad idea. People rarely put useful stuff in, and always take the good stuff out. Unless people want random colors of stairs and cacti, it probably won't be used.

11. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

download.jpg

12. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

(I would take the stairs, probably also give a small recompense as well)

13. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

new players start with a starter kit.
    not if you're color blind.

New members start with a starter kit containing 32 iron, a stack of wood, a workbench, a stack of melons, and a few of each saplings and bones. Also lie others said one guy is just gonna take the good stuff :p better to make it a cheap shop.

thodazarexrt likes this.
  14. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

Yes it's a cheap shop, just a concept.

15. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

You started the server?

16. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

Excuse me?

17. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

18. sharqman

19. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

hahahah ohhhh you got the wrong message there man :/ lol.

20. sharqman

not the wrong message you said "since I started the server" should be "since I started playing on the server" or something :p

Ksapple107 likes this.