Appeal for the Legendary, Devastator

Discussion in 'Requests and Reports' started by o0z, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. o0z

o0z Member

Im just gonna jump right into this,

About a month or two ago, I got a new mouse, a naga, it has 6 extra buttons, I set one of them to left click so I could mine with ease, FYI doing this would be the same as setting your space bar to left click, I could not use the left click and the macro at the same time, and it acted exactly like it, not faster or slower. After mining for an hour, then bobbylou got on, I asked him if it was ok if I used it, he wasn't sure so he called in QuietSea, I showed him what it did, and there was no difference, but he said to not used it, so iIdisabled it, and didn't use it again. A few weeks later awastedlife asked for a 1v1 and I accepted, I beat him, and he said "macros, cheater" and all i did was strafe him with speed 2, and got the legendary, now, about a month later, its being brought up, and the devastator was taken away and given to Padaun.

2. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

awastedlife

Just saying, many times you noted how nowhere in the rules had it said that macros were illegal, entailing that you had indeed used them. You ALSO said that you DID use them for mining, which is illegal (hence being warned but by Sharqman, not quietsea). How are we supposed to trust that you didn't use them for something else? We can't, especially seeing as you have been banned before.

3. Padaun

Also, you said yourself that you asked an admin if macros were ok, and they said no, and you took them off. You said here that you didn't use them at all.

4. o0z

o0z Member

yes i have been banned before, most of the times, by gray spots in the rules that need fixing, secondly, after the admins warned me i stopped.

5. o0z

o0z Member

where do i say i never use them?
    because i used them to strip mine then stopped when i was warned and tole they are not allowed

6. Padaun

That says, if I am analyzing correctly, that you didn't use them because you can't use them, but you said in chat that you had used them, and were told not to.

if I am correct then in the original post you implied that you did not use them. Again, you just said you used them...

One ban was Dreamzz and myself chasing you, and you PvP warped. Real gray area, right there

7. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Awasted never said anything about losing.

8. o0z

o0z Member

pad, i used them to mine with ease

9. o0z

o0z Member

Awasted never said anything about losing.

wat

10. Padaun

which is illegal- but that still doesn't explain the fact that you can't use them with that mouse

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  11. o0z

o0z Member

well, i asked a mod if it was legal and he didnt know so obviously the topic isnt clear.

12. Padaun

Us mods are mods and not admins for a reason. Perhaps it is age, or perhaps it is the fact that we don't 100% know every single rule on the entire server, you said you asked bobby, that was some time ago- he was much newer to modship, and seeing as he is one of our newest mods, he probably didn't know everything and was still learning the ropes. You could ask the vast majority of other staff, even some other new mods, and they would say that macros aren't legal. Also, if you have to ask the legality of something, it's probably best not to do it. That is so, simply to avoid gray areas for which you were banned prior, and situations like this.

13. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

If you ask someone if macros are illegal they are going to say no because most people think macros refer to chat. However, maros that do tasks for you are illegal(i.e. auto mining, fishing, clicking, etc.).

14. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

About a month ago he asked me about macros. NMBr2d2 has screen shots.

15. o0z

o0z Member

The macro didn't auto mine I had to hold it down just like left click

16. Padaun

I have no idea what you're on about

17. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

He can't use the extra button on his mouse and left click at the same time. I honestly don't see what's wrong with it either, I'm assuming "mining with ease" just means it's easier to hold down a button on the side of the mouse than the top.

18. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

Looking from an unbiased perspective, I'm a little perplexed about what is going on here. Yes, o0z has used macros in the past for mining, but he has stated he hasn't used them since being told to stop. Why was the legendary taken away? He is being asked to provide proof without having evidence charged against him. I know quite a few people don't like o0z, so this really seems like a situation of guilty until proven innocent.

19. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah, I agree with this. Which is why nothing will really be proven unless someone pulls up screenshots or chatlogs.

20. o0z

o0z Member

Then why am i banned now?

QuietSea likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.