Appeal for the Legendary, Devastator

Discussion in 'Requests and Reports' started by o0z, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. o0z

o0z Member

Correct, they think im auto clicking or something

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

You're banned too? I though this was just about the legendary...

QuietSea likes this.
  3. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

I've unbanned o0z pending some actual evidence.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    aarondang, QuietSea and bobbylou4 like this.
  4. I don't see anything wrong with what he did, if I understand correctly he just got a different mouse and made the buttons do different things.

5. o0z

o0z Member

according to Padaun, as he told me in chat yesterday, im using a hacked client

6. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

probably not my place to post, but this seems like it got blown WAY out of preportion, from what o0z said he has a mouse similar to mine, and one of the extra buttons was easier to hold tha leftclick, so he bound leftclick to that button. there should not be an issue with that at all. if he is automining or actually using a hacked client (possible, but I doubt it) than it should be an issue, but changing what button is your attack bind should not be illegal. just my 2 cents, feel free to remove if its out of place :)

7. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

I never said that you were using a hacked client. I noted that it was in the rules that hacked clients are disallowed and that macros are highly common in them, and so they serve a very similar/identical purpose.

8. o0z

o0z Member

so, tell me whats the problem then?

9. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Am I dumb, or are macros and macro keys not the same thing? While macro keys are intended to be used with actual macros, they can also just be rebound to single key presses (which seems to be the case, and should in no way be illegal). "Using a macro" implies some sort of automation.

"A few weeks later awastedlife asked for a 1v1 and I accepted, I beat him, and he said "macros, cheater" and all i did was strafe him with speed 2, and got the legendary, now, about a month later, its being brought up, and the devastator was taken away and given to Padaun."

I know I haven't played survival in a while, but do people really get punished by having their items taken away and given to other players? That seems silly.

QuietSea, bobbylou4, Magetime and 4 others like this.
  10. THEdeadRETURNED

what he said

11. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Ok, so pad lent awasted devastator to beat o0z with. Now awasted had better gear, better fps and is an all round better pvper (no offence o0z). Now there were a few witnesses, including me. And what happened out there seemed impossible. o0z somehow managed to combo awasted with several hits in a row with none returned, this continued. Also, a fight that had been fought just before this had resulted in o0z dying. Now during this fight, o0z was being beaten, badly, and he was running; I was also spectating this one and chased after them, to get a better view. After a while, o0z doubled back and ran just past me and started spontaneously attacking me for no reason, even though he was going to die as a result. Seems a bit strange to me? Also after this, they were going to have a rematch (the fight in which devastator was lost). So now o0z said he was going to "restart his client". Now I don't know about you, but it takes me around 5 minutes to restart mine, not almost an hour.
    The reason devastator was given back is that it was seen to be won illegitimately, and I do believe it was, but that's just my opinion. Again, only my opinion.

12. Abdullahj

Abdullahj Active Member

Since when does killing someone unfairly make it so they get their loot back? I was once killed with F&S in Peaceful, and the guy got banned for a week. Lost me diamonds, about 10 of em'.

13. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Why did Pad get it in the first place?

14. oiShocKWavesv

Because it's his sword. And as far as I'm aware, you should have been refunded your stuff Abdullah, did you ask for it back?

15. PieSquared761

Anyway, the rules state:
    • Do not use hacked clients or any mods/macros that will give you an advantage over others.
    From what o0z is saying, I don't see any advantages to setting left click to another button which leads me to my question:

In what way does setting left click to another button on your mouse make mining easier?

I feel like there's something he isn't telling us, there's no reason to reset your left click to something else.

In the case that he is telling the complete and utter truth, he shouldn't be banned and should get his item back.

16. oiShocKWavesv

That is the reason for all this trouble. And from what I saw and experienced, I agree with pie completely.

17. THEdeadRETURNED

for me personally, i have a button on the side of my mouse that is easier to hold for long periods of time than my leftclick, so i can understand why he would change it

18. oiShocKWavesv

I also forgot to mention this, awasted did not say this. In fact, he said absolutely nothing of what happened except from asking what the hell just happened in TeamSpeak.

19. PieSquared761

Is it so easy to make it worth getting banned and having this thread exist at all?

aarondang likes this.
  20. THEdeadRETURNED

no, its not. I have arthritis in my hands, so i need it to be able to play for more than 10-20 mins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.