New FINAL 1.7 map system Poll

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by sharqman, Oct 17, 2013.

?

Which map system do you want to see on the server?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2013.
  1. Option 1

29 vote(s)
    51.8%
  2. Option 2

27 vote(s)
    48.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

D: looks like option 1 is gonna take it, you're all mad!

sharqman likes this.
  2. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I think the idea of spawner camps was mentioned before, and people liked the idea. Per usual though, we just forgot about it. It may be a pain to constantly refill all the dungeons, so maybe a good alternative would be to modify the spawners so that the mobs have good loot as a really rare drop.

3. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

How many that voted have actually seen both options in action? I'm under the impression that most 'newer' players are voting for the current system because that is all they know on Shade Crest. I would love to see the opinions of the remaining players that have been on both styles of maps.
    I prefer the single, split map, because of the two, it seemed less disjointed. Think about it, we have 3 spawns right now, two of which don't really do anything. In my opinion, it would make more sense to have one spawn with a purpose on the map players actually play on, and maybe moving events into the central spawn area. If this confuses you, think of it as a pokeball. Top half is PvE, bottom PvP, and the middle circle is all of the usual spawn world stuff, probably more compact.
    Also, Minecraft is awful at doing multi world. This becomes more obvious with things like FTB, but it is still a problem on normal servers. The fewer worlds loaded into memory at one time, the fewer lag spikes show up. If we move one map off of the server (or two, with events moved to the main world), there *should* be a noticeable improvement in tps. The added bonus with that is new players couldn't get lost in spawn, as was the case with the previous spawn that cerburus made.
    Last not on this, if you have/plan to vote for the current, multi world map and decide to move from PvE to PvP, how do you move your animals? Just think about it ;)

4. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

I would have to agree with erik on this one; Theres just something about the single split map I love. Maybe it's due in part to the fact that I remember the old map, and I miss it.
    I don't care either way, but I'm just going to vote option two, partly because something tells me option one is going to win anyway.

5. Random0ne

Alright, you've talked me into it. Unfortunately, I already voted, so take one vote away from option one and add it to option 2.

Flamestar00 likes this.
  6. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

you've heard it here folks.

Nifix, Random0ne and Flamestar00 like this.
  7. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

As I've said before, I may of voted for option 1 but I dont care which option wins,long as my village is moved far far from spawn in the desert...lol I just care bout my village n animals n villagers

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

8. Flamestar00

Flamestar00 Active Member VIP

Can mobs be taken over the other side of the map in option 2?

9. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Yes, but if we do the mob wall you'll need to take them through spawn

10. Flamestar00

11. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Option 2 for sure. Like arch said, maybe it's just good old memories kicking in, but it was always nice knowing that everyone was on one nice little map. Not so small that you couldn't isolate yourself in the corner of the world and probably never be found, but small enough that it wasn't uncommon to stumble into other players near snowhaven. It just makes everything feel a lot nicer.

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  12. Pieman_Is_God

seems to be balanced again -_- dare I say one more poll?

Flamestar00 likes this.
  13. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

pie, technically, its 20-19 with option 2 winning because random changed his vote... has this already been accounted for?

14. Random0ne

Erm, 18-20, but close enough

15. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

dont use your breain you goober!

Random0ne likes this.
  16. Flamestar00

I have been talking to some people and they are regretting voting option 1!

17. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Then my plan has worked...

[​IMG]

18. Ksapple107

Ksapple107 Active Member Creative Architect

On tapatalk and theres no poll so Im just going to say option 2, seems pretty inevitable now anyway.. if i spelt inevitable right? Haha

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

19. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

In Tapatalk can you access the poll if you open it up in the browser through the compass icon that pops out when you tap the arrow on the bottom right?

Ksapple107 likes this.
  20. Pieman_Is_God

I think atm it looks like we're gonna go with option 2, seems to be more support for it, haven't really seen anyone argue a case for option 1 either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.