My new Home

Discussion in 'Server Builds' started by Jagity, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Jagity

Jagity New Member

I know its not as pro as some of the other builds I've seen around here... but this is my first real attempt at something that wasn't based on pure function, and I'm fairly happy with it.

I am looking for some decorating tips. the outside of the main wall needs some sort of detail, perhaps some furniture in the bedroom and in the lookout, a lighted path to ride a some day horse on...*shrugs* It'll prolly never be done completely. When we get the new map, I'm thinking a slightly higher hill in a flower forest.

Cords are 814,68,6125. It is very far from spawn though, if any vip's want to check it out just let me know and I'll invite you. See if you can find my secret door and switch !

http://imgur.com/a/K7450#0

2. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

That's a very nice looking base you've set up Jagity. Good choice in texture pack as well.

From the Space phone.

3. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

You seem to have a fairly good idea about what you're doing; keep up the good work!

Tips that I can think of:
    • The exterior (castle?) walls are a bit flat and plain at the moment. Block variation is usually good, I like to use stone brick as the frame and the main part of the wall being cobble, but that's personal preference.
    • I can't tell if the wall has a walkway on top, if not that's another good way to add details, as is making the single blocks on top of the wall out of stairs, rather than full blocks.
    • Inside looks fine for a survival base. Only think that I would suggest would be putting in logs at the endges of the chests, so that it's more like a shelving system, as compared to gravity defying.

Jagity likes this.
  4. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Very nice...whats the texture pack ya use called?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

5. Jagity

Jagity New Member

texture is sphax purebdcraft x128 . It seems to be my favorite :)

6. Jagity

Jagity New Member

I have Shelves!!! Fantastic idea. Still working on those walls, its more of a fort than a full blown castle, right now I'm trying windows similar to those found on a nether fortress, I also lowered the parapet wall, your right the full block, block, block was too much. Couldn't figure how to use stairs so I alternated half slab with blocks... brought it into scale I think. Definitely made it easier to see over if you walk the wall and not so... block, block, block... Thanks!

7. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

Pics.

From the Space phone.

8. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Love the pics and the texture pack. It's nice and clean. :)