Happy thanksgiving and 1.7.2 repost!

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by sharqman, Nov 28, 2013.

1. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Nope...nothing was said bout that...sorry charlie

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

2. Jasperli

Jasperli Member VIP

I think they just said that towns will get priority over builds done by individuals/No Towny groups.
    Honestly towns do get the first pick as claiming an area for town is easy:
    /t new , /t claim 30 and you have claimed large part of your favorite area.

3. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Well I haven't seen anything on it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

4. mrtreefingers

mrtreefingers Active Member VIP

Update please?

We all waited pretty patiently for bukkit to release and while its not fully supported ive spoken to friends and it seems stable enough to use. Does shadecrest have any plan or timeline to update from 1.64?

5. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I think we could at least look at it. However I want to make sure it's stable before we get it.. I feel like when we take a chance on plugins it blows up in our faces heh.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

6. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

Can you link to sources that talk about how the 1.7.2 dev build runs? It would be nice if Sharq and myself were a little more comfortable that things won't go haywire when we switch over. Also, I'm not sure many of our plugins are updated to 1.7.2. This update was one of the biggest ever, so it might take some time to get those updated. I'll keep an eye out though and see how many are good to go when i get off work tomorrow.

7. mrtreefingers

reply is very appreciated, thanks.

I was just looking for a little clarity on the situation since an updated, unsupported bukkit was released.

I don't have links to verify, this was just heresay by a few friends running a server not nearly as complicated as ours.

8. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

So we can make endermen farms?

9. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Bukkit released a "development" build, which is essentially the first thing the team was able to crank out that "works" with 1.7.2. They categorized it as a development build because there are many tweaks to work out yet. This update changed most of the code in Minecraft which makes updating Bukkit extremely difficult compared to previous updates. On top of that, like Dyno said, very few of our plugins are updated yet, as the build from Bukkit was just released for plugin devs to work with. Trying our luck with the first development build Bukkit throws at us is generally not a good idea.

Yes, but if our rule with griefing in the End doesn't change, there won't be much use in creating a big fancy one as someone will inevitably come along and destroy it.

10. mrtreefingers

When does it get to the point where we prioritize a bare minimun of plugins that we can be happy running until the rest update? Can we not clip a few of the not updated plugins out (for now) and get the main part of the world functional?

At this point, if we could have chest protection and /home I don't see any other plugin I couldnt live without for a couple weeks.. month... .

Flamestar00 likes this.
  11. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Chat, warps, ranks are just a few that may or may not be integral to the running of the server as well. Along with bans and such, no ban pluggin means no bans, which means no previous bans.

Flamestar00 likes this.
  12. mrtreefingers

And now its gone to 1.74 from 1.72

Will we ever catch up?! D:

13. BurningIce2

BurningIce2 Active Member VIP

I know how you feel...

Sent from my Galaxy Trend using Tapatalk.

14. I won't be here when this happens what should i do?

15. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

get someone to make an app for you when it is up

16. okay