Bad language on servers

Discussion in 'Requests and Reports' started by cupcakeatinhusky, Jan 7, 2014.

1. cupcakeatinhusky

cupcakeatinhusky New Member

People are using to much bad language on the servers. just the other day I was on and there was a ten year old. Someone randomly decided to say ass. She hasn't been on the server since...... :( we are lowering the join rate sometimes. -.-

Attached Files:

2. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Yeah swearing is not permitted and most offensive things should be blocked by the chat filter. If you see someone swearing or being rude, just take a screenshot and report it on here so we have the player's name and proof.

3. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

"ass" can't be filter due to glass, its stupid

4. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

I figured out how to make 'villager' work even though 'lag' is filtered, we can make it work as well.

5. cupcakeatinhusky

I will take screenshot next time thnx for advice

6. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

Set the filter to check for letters behind or in front that spell a word In the dictionary with the filtered word in it ?

7. cupcakeatinhusky

I don't get what he means.....maybe im just not a genius

8. smallfryz

smallfryz Member

This is funny that you post this considering you were muted for this ...........

9. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

Yeah, shouldn't be that hard to check for certain characters befor and after the blocked word, simple if Statement would do it.

Sent from Sleberts phone

10. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

ezeiger92 Dynodamon you guys could copy paste the chat filters from survival to creative?

11. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

I don't exactly disagree with the chat filters, but I just preferred it when they were filtered to *. Now people just swear like it's nothing and get away with it because it's seen to be funny. The intention is still there.

12. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I like the *stars* better too.

13. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

I think they're called astrises or something.

14. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

:/ Husky, did you just quote your own thread and then said...

Legend9468, Padaun and kmpurplekat like this.
  15. Slebert

Yeah, Asterisks are best

16. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I rather have it as an empty space so that they just look stupid

17. bluud2

bluud2 Member VIP

People are using 'to' much bad language

I think that people who cant take a cuss word like that from time to time doesn't need to be on the internet.

THEdeadRETURNED likes this.
  18. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

while i agree with that, you have to respect the rules of whatever dite/game server you go on, and if one of them is no cussing, than dont cuss. simple as that

19. Slebert

The reason you are not allowed to cuss on t server is because shadecrest is ment to be a family friendly environment, a lot of people do not want to have their kids exposed to these kinds of language, so when there is swearing, we loose players. I know not everyone likes little kids on the server but, that's how it is, it's a video game and there are going to be kids, if we want them on the server we have to not allow cussing. Kids aren't the ones who care about cuss words, they couldn't care less, it's the parents that care.

All in all the rule makes sence, all that needs to be fixed is how we go about blocking the words in question, from. The ideas given, I belive that just a blank space looks best, since it makes them look stupid.

Just putting in my 2 cents :p

Sent from Sleberts phone

oiShocKWavesv and Random0ne like this.
  20. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

do it then