Banned

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by KorkyOfRoblox, Jan 19, 2014.

?

Should KorkyOfRoblox Be Unbanned?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KorkyOfRoblox

KorkyOfRoblox New Member

Banned for "No Disrespecting Staff, go reread the rules."
    Alright for starters I'd like to apologize to everyone I disrespected.
    Yes I was yelling at staff and arguing with many players and/or staff members, but I was ending the argument when NMb told me "we could just ban you for antagonizing" and I said "Whatever... >.>"
    I'd like to know why I was banned when the ARGUMENT was ENDED. Furthermore I believe you should have banned me earlier in this fight, but good job staff. This was strictly a test to see how well this server is ran by the staff, as you know I've been arguing with staff for the past 3-5 days, but before that I never got in any sort of fight except on the vanilla server once. Here's some tips that if I was a new player who had a bad attitude (like I have had) would possibly need:

1. Easier way to read the rules, /rules just says "Rules: This is rule #1, this is rule #2, etc" I think it would be very helpful for that command to be setup, and it's not hard at all.
    2. Staff that encourages and helps new players, for instance when someone said "Events haven't even started yet" and I said "Terrible staff..." One of the staff members (not gonna go pointing fingers now) asked me if I would rather have no events. If I was a new player I believe I would want to be told, "Yes there is a delay but because of this delay everyone gets 1 shade token for being patient, or something along the lines of: Yes, it's delayed, here's a gift, be patient and be happy"
    3. Practice what you preach: I'm not saying the staff does this but occasionally it will happen. When a staff member swears or using caps I think it's just a sign of immaturity, if that's the rules EVERYONE should follow them.
    Anyways I thank you, the Shadecrest community for everything and that IF I get unbanned I will not be like I have been for the past 3-5 days.

Any questions? Feel free to comment below.

2. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Or... just listen to what the staff have to say. A lot of us have been doing just fine the way things are. Plus: This is not the way to get unbanned.

Flamestar00 likes this.
  3. KorkyOfRoblox

KorkyOfRoblox New Member

I don't understand I'm not trying to get unbanned I'm just giving some suggestions to the staff, plus the ban was only 2 hours, as I recently found out but I have no way to remove the poll.

4. epic_poke8

All I am trying to say is, we want people here who are not so lazy that they cannot go to a website to see something and instead demand a command to help them understand a very trivial rule: Don't be a wibbly-wobbley

5. KorkyOfRoblox

KorkyOfRoblox New Member

Simple enough, I don't mind going to the website but some people with laggy computers who can't open up a browser and play minecraft do. Thanks for your input though!

6. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Epic, unless you have direct correlation to the ban please don't post on others ban appeals.. It just stirs up trouble. Staff can handle it.

1.you were banned for disrespecting staff, but I've seen you disrespect others too. I understand you want to voice your opinion, but try not to start Arguing just for the sake of argument... If u are actually arguing for something you feel strongly about (and is reasonable, not going against rules) try using factual info rather just saying "that's dumb" or when people state their side don't say "whatever" say "I get where you are coming from, but..I feel..because"

And to answer your questions.
    1. Good idea, we are actually working on that if I remember correctly.

2.i see where you are coming from, this annoys me too sometimes. But you must understand 95% of the time that question has already been asked a ton and u can just scroll up in chat and find it. or the question is stated in the rules/a question you could answer with common sense.

3. Most staff do practice what they preach, if they don't just make the staff member aware that they are not "practicing what they are preaching." or just alert another staff member about it.

Sent from my friend's WiFi

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    PieSquared761 likes this.
  7. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

You were probably banned for displaying the traits of a "Toxic player". Joining a server, and then causing grief is generally never a good idea, and then saying you were just "testing" us? To us that sounds like the equivalent of making an offensive comment, and then saying "Just joking" when you see someone was offended.

Bc bobby already has answered most of them, I'll only respond to the second.

So you're asking us to play nice with people who directly insult us by saying "Terrible staff..."? While the answer you were given was rather blunt, it was by no means rude as you seem to think it was.

And a final point for bobbylou4, the comment about two above yours states that the ban was only for 2 hours and that this isn't a ban appeal. Hence why it isn't in the ban appeal section of the forums?

Dynodamon likes this.
  8. epic_poke8

Did not know it was a ban appeal, as it was in the General Minecraft Discussion section, and did not have proper format :p

9. bobbylou4

I'm on tapatalk on a windows phone and can't see the sections D: and what are u talkin about ban appeals. I never mentioned that :3.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

10. epic_poke8

"Epic, unless you have direct correlation to bans, do not reply on other's appeals"

11. bobbylou4

lol sorry, thought i quoted legend. yeah, it's still a valid statement :D but my fault, saw it said banned and assumed it was an appeal.. <3

12. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

I think it would be better if /rules gave you a link to the rules. Make people work!

13. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

I can set something up if sharqman is fine with it

14. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Ok so you took it upon your self to set up a stress test for server admins and mods. (atleast thats what i got)
    If you actually want unbanned i suggest you make a ban appeal. Other wise why bother posting at all. Thread locked. post ban appeal if you wish.

15. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

What's with all the crap just because it's not in the survival server suggestions thread? It's pretty explicit that it's not a ban appeal, and it was stated the ban was only 2 hours.

Here's someone giving suggestions on how we could potentially improve the server, and only 2 comments are about that.
    Wat.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

16. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

first off its just causing an argument and secondly if you didnt have permission to stress test the admin why would you. Ofcourse you would get banned. its just an excuse to unbanned dont you guys see that

17. bobbylou4

he's already unbanned, i thought the same thing..it's not a ban appeal if you look at the 2nd post you will see that he says it was only a 2 hour ban. he made this because he thought he was perma banned when he made this.
    but yeah i thought the exact same thing​

18. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

(Yes, I know this was already locked, shhhhhh)

Just for future reference to anybody else feeling the need to test us as staff, feel free to do it, but be weary of testing our patience. Bad behavior is often cumulative, and reputations tend to stick for good chunks of time.

As for the suggestions
    1: I think the reason we avoided doing this was there would be no way to fit all of our rules in there, but putting some important rules in with a link to the rest wouldn't be a bad idea.
    2: Not sure we would give out free stuff for an unexpected delay in our effort to give out... Free stuff... I wasn't sure why the response you received was so confrontational, your actions may have been seen as part of a pattern, like I said above, and were looked at more harshly.
    3: Completely agree, and have been trying to sort this out for a while.

ndvenckus1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.