RPG Server Suggestions

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by Dman2416, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

Try to set up as much as you can with already existing plugins like that one. Once you do that, I'd be happy to make some tweaks to the code to customize the plugin(s) to our needs.

2. hywzerboydy

hywzerboydy Active Member VIP

I found a good NPC plugin so we can edit that and it wouldn't take much. Once we know exactly what want, and it's been approved, I will research existing plugins, and see what we can do with them.

3. hywzerboydy

I want these ideas to be approved before I make them final, then I can look for the plugins

4. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

5. hywzerboydy

Both of the plugins look good, and if we need to we can modify them. I was thinking about merging the plugins into one so that they work together really well, like using precious stones to set a clan base.

6. Legend9468

7. Legend9468

This is actually a fairly good idea. We already have plans for cities and such, which are fairly spaced out.

And now for the rest.

Classes

Clans

And finally, building the world itself. The plan now is that I hand over overarching control of the world to someone/someones (because I'm terrible at it) and we designate the building of seperate areas to different people whom we trust.

The leader of each area would be responsible for the construction of towns and roads in their area, as well as their build team. This would keep the build team sizes down, and therefore easier on everyone.

We are not recruiting at the moment. Don't call us, we'll call you.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    Dman2416 likes this.
  8. hywzerboydy

I think we should start a private conversation for all of the people involved, so we can discuss final ideas, and everyone will be kept updated with threads, probably monthly. When it's almost ready, we will put up images and videos, like tutorials and trailers.

EDIT: I've started planning put where each hold will go, how big it is, what shape it is and its name, I'll show you the plan when it's done.

9. Legend9468

So this is now kinda the update thread on it? Sure thing.

ShadeQuest Alpha 0.0.001

- Around 2/3rds of the map is now planned out. Mainly just polishing now.
    - Preliminary discussions on rules, pluggins and classes have begun. Subject to change in the future.
    - This server is now pretty much official due to the lack of negativity regarding it (Apart from all the "FACTIONS R BAD" stuff).

- Suggestions from players are welcome regarding:
    - Custom biomes. Specifics are needed along with the biome name
    - Alterations to the concepts discussed above.

- Currently working on:
    - Possibly finding a better name for this thing.
    - Finishing the map, and hopefully working on the main world by next week.
    - Detailed update notes to come when we've actually done something substantial.

10. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

As far as the name, shade quest was already used in a project on the old map

11. hywzerboydy

I'll make a seperate update thread where we'll post some of what we cone up with, and when the server is almost done, we'll release images and videos as I said.

12. Legend9468

I'll also probs post the occasional image or non-related update, like a house or detailing how we've been messing around

13. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Just going to suggest using world painter for the terrain.

treyman77 likes this.
  14. hywzerboydy

I want to use it, I watched a video about it and it looks awesome. I want to get the terrain fully planned out first.

15. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Can't wait!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

16. millz14

millz14 Active Member VIP

I just wanted to say........I like this idea :)

17. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

we should defo include the runescape mod for this :3

18. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

What's the status on the RPG server? Is this still a work in progress or has it stalled?

19. Dman2416

Dman2416 Active Member

I'm literally the only person working on it right now, so progress is slow since there's nobody else to volunteer for other things that can be done. Right now I'm working on making the actual physical world on WorldPainter, so it can then be uploaded, refined with details and such, and then construction can start. But of course that's all work that will need a lot of builders, and several months of work.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    StephenP67 likes this.
  20. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I can help if you want, not sure im the kind of help you want :p

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk