Benokt's Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Benokt, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Benokt

Benokt New Member

What is your IGN?: Benokt

Who banned you?(use @<full username>): It says console, but I was originally banned by a player

Why were you banned(ban message)?: Imported Old Ban

When were you banned?: 28th February 2013 06:29:22 PM

How long is your ban? : Permanent

Can you explain what you know about the ban in more detail?: It happened nearly a year ago, cannot remember

Why should you be unbanned?: I would be proud to call myself a member of ShadeCrest creative again, and I hope you would let me back in. Even under close surveillance or demoted to Guest I will still be greatful to return after a year in exile, and my refined skills will surely serve to help ShadeCrest.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  2. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

http://www.shadecrest.com/site/threads/4861/#post-56460

We don't unban x-rayers without a reason, however our policies have changed somewhat. The survival and creative servers have seperate whitelists now for bans that are less relevant.

As your ban was a year ago, and you are evendently trying to be more mature, I see no problem in your being unbanned.

3. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

4. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Why should we let you back into our community? How do we know you aren't going to xray again?

5. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

It's an appeal for creative

6. sharqman

He was banned for misbehaviour on survival

7. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

and it was before the whole hub system, so therefore when we made the hub, it became universal.

8. Benokt

Benokt New Member

You were right to ban me on survival, that was a very valid thing to do, but what effect does that have on creative? What could xray possibly do to creative, and why would I wait a year just to come back and get banned again?

9. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

your ban is universal because the hub makes everyone's IP the same. nothing we can really do about that.

10. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Are imported old bans automatically made universal? This guy definitely shouldn't be banned on creative if he x-rayed on survival, especially a year ago.

11. bobbylou4

I vote we unban him. Shock x-rayed once and he turned out to be a great member of the community

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

THEdeadRETURNED likes this.
  12. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

Basically what bobby said

Sent from my damned apple device

13. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

Err, bans are not automatically universal. The only thing the hub messes up are ip bans, not username bans. Unban from hub and creative server and you're good to go. That being said, I don't see an issue unbanning from survival as well if you can give a good answer to the questions sharq posed.

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  14. sharqman

unbanned on creative.

15. sharqman

Unbanned on creative.

16. Legend9468

Also, just for clarification.

If someone was banned on survival, then using the hub system, then next time they joined, they would be taken back to survival. Needless to say, they wouldn't be able to sign in because they were banned, and can't transfer to another server because they all use the same IP now and /creative can't be executed because they can't sign in.

Or, at least that's how it used to work.

17. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

This is more or less unrelated to this ban, but it has to be said. Can't we somehow make bans from one server send people back to hub so they may use other servers? I can see how it would be done if the person getting banned was online, but don't know how it would work if they were offline. Once again, sorry for posting.

18. Legend9468

I was thinking similar actually.

If there was a way to reset the last known location part, but not mcmmo or anything like that, then they would get booted back to the hub because the system would register them as not logged off from anywhere.

Yes, I realise this isn't the place for it; but I never got around to posting it on the mod board.

19. bobbylou4

we can figure this out later.. i hate to keep this guy waiting. banned or unbanned?