Error Joining server

Discussion in 'Minecraft Help' started by ScoutSniper, Feb 13, 2014.

1. ScoutSniper

ScoutSniper New Member

I get this error when I try to join the server. I get to the "logging in..." text and then I get the error

INTERNAL EXCEPTION: IO.NETTY.HANDLER.TIMEOUT.READTIMEOUTEXCEPTION

2. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

I get that sometimes, a quick router/modem restart fixes it most of the time

Sent from my damned apple device

3. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Both surviaval and creative are currently down, probably under maintenance.

4. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

Ah, cant see that on mobile :/

Sent from my damned apple device

5. ScoutSniper

ScoutSniper New Member

I'm getting mixed signals here. Is the server under maintenance? Or is there a problem with my connection or the server's connection. Oh, and I cant restart the router since my mom is working from home.

6. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

If you want to get onto hub delete your server.dat folder (this deletes all of your saved server data, i.e. Ips) and then readd mc.shadecrest.com and you should be able to get on.

7. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

When the survival server goes down, I also get this 'INTERNAL EXCEPTION: ' message and can't log on.

(sometimes you can tell the server is about to go belly up and I have time to to type /creative, but often-times I do not, and it's quite annoying not being able to get on at all until the survival server is up)

Is there a way to go the hub automatically without deleting folders and re-adding servers to the list?

8. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Max could force it so that you always join hub, but people didn't want that.

9. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

Ok thanks for the info :)

10. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I get the error message as well, albeit sporadically. Usually refreshing the server list and rejoining does the trick though.

11. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Little bit of google searching reveals this to possibly be an error clientside, due to 1.7 when they redid multiplayer. Sounds like something we may just have to ride out until the next update.

Mega_Spud likes this.