Now and then

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by SkittlesQueen, Mar 2, 2014.

1. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

So I've been thinking lately,there's alot of old old players that have come and gone and have come back, so here's a place for the now and then pictures of ya old old Builds and the now ones,also post what's happened between the time you've been gone to now returning.(example, on tv they have a now and then photo of celebrities at times)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

2. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

I have no pictures.
    Archenemy666 destroyed all I held dear.

3. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

4. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I miss uberdarkninja and aardvark :(

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

5. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Lol, she's not 25. And I see a black man in that screenshot. AND THE GOD DAMN GRAVEL *VOOOOOOOMIT*.

6. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]

My first plot on creative, year and a half ago.

Taylor_Dawn94 and Z_Millla like this.
  7. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Woo, nostalgia! Here's some of the big stuff I helped with on the server. This is also just stuff I already had on imgur so unfortunately there is plenty missing.

My glorious journey began in the beautiful city of Forgotten Cliff run by Padaun where I was the neighbor of Wkdclwncar and built a less impressive version of his tree house (peaceful). The basement of this housed my first redstone monstrosity of a wheat farm which ezeiger92 helped me build.

I was then convinced by nrayf to join pvp and moved to Flexcity where I met people like awastedlife, bobbylou4, thodazarexrt, ndvenckus1 and many many others. This is also where I built my first island... or at least tried to. Single best picture of have of the town. Albums for town buildings in spoiler.

At some point I was contracted to build a town spawn for... the name escapes me now.

I then played some FTB. TehRawB began helping be and built a badass power plant, but I can't find a picture of it. :( The one thing I finished on there was a blaze power plant before the lag took over.

Bonus town that most people don't know about! A bit before the peaceful map reset, Beocca, majestic_moose, and I began a town made of gold. Sadly it never did get completed due to the reset.

Some notable things that I can't find pictures of right now: My 2nd shop, my EHM base with Beo (still on the server), and basically everything I did on creative. Might post that stuff later if I feel like sorting through old screen shots.

8. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

Wrecking a noob's day since 2011.

Started in PVP literally on accident when you had to choose a direction to walk away from main spawn into a separate world. Didn't know it was PvP until 2 weeks into building my house when I was jumped by some random scrub. Sure enough, he did actually kill me but as he was sorting through my stuff he didn't know i respawned in the house and I completely turned the blade on him when he least expected it.

Towns I fought for:
    • Arcadia
    • Flexcity
    • Olympia
    • Crucible
    • DragonForge
    • Erathia
    • Thanatus
    • Molten
    • Dementia
    Towns I fought against:
    • Arcadia
    • Post- Rebelion/Crusaiders
    • WaveRidge
    • Farside
    • Fireblade
    • Olympia
    • Thanatus
    • DragonForge
    Estimated kill count of 2011: 386 players slain. Most killed: Boss_crafter (23), Veralian (26), Azmokan (19)
    (October 28th - December 31st)

Estimated kill count of 2012: 977 players slain. Most killed: BpSoccer28 (36), Lakarder26 (23), Due_Date (18)

-Didn't keep a statistic of 2013 since PvP was at a stand still-

Longest raid participated: 1 hour and 30 minutes. (Erathia Vs. DragonForge)

Arcadian wars particpated: 7 (varying from attacking and defending)

9. Z_Millla likes this.
  10. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

This will probably take up like a whole page, so sorry about that. I just really enjoy spilling out all the nostalgic stories I have of old Shade Crest :p And apologies for the horrid quality of the earlier screenshots, only the first five are like that. I'll be using the same format as Z with image spoilers. Okay, let's get started.

It was July 9th, 2011, Minecraft Beta 1.7.3. I believe I found the server through minestatus (it was ~#3 at the time?) After applying online, I was accepted, and welcomed by a beautiful water dome of a spawn.
    The map was split into two sides: PvP and Peaceful, and so I made my way down the trail to peaceful.
    I found a spot not too far from the walls of spawn, near 04blatca's town of SnowHaven and settled down. Many new players chose this location to start out in. My first home, with its illegal peaceful drawbridge and all, was created.

I stayed here for maybe my first month on the server. In this time, I discovered my love for PvP through my many fights in the coliseum.

My fortune was made in the diamond shop at the server mall.

At one point, I decided to make a town. It was called "EagleGate." I'm fairly sure the only person to ever know about it was a guy named Hobbenbobber. Unfortunately, I wasn't informed of this so-called "upkeep" that destroys innocent players' towns. "EagleGate" lasted about a day.

And so, my town didn't work out. But fortunately, a guy named Jasperli came along and invited me to "Arcadia." Arcadia was a PvP town. The PvP side is something I hadn't ventured into before. I asked him if it was okay to keep a base in peaceful. He assured me it was, and I joined the town.

I departed from my original base near SnowHaven and ventured far out into the Peaceful side. Once I found a spot that I liked, I settled down, and created /warp treehouse. I never got around to actually building the treehouse. I sorta just threw things all over the place.

I participated in dozens and dozens of raids on DragonForge and eventually FlexCity, dying just about every time for a good while. I met many friends along the way including Manglor, Alan321, mrtreefingers, King_Videot, ThisHomeBoy24, and so many more. After a countless number of raids, I finally established myself as a PvPer and earned assistant in Arcadia. I invited some weird dude named awastedlife to the town, and he had us all come to a meeting in some abandoned house in the outskirts of the town to talk PvP tactics. He decided Arcadia wasn't for him and moved to a floating town called FlexCity with Z_Millla and nrayf. Over the course of the next few months, many new faces like Thomasdd13, ZPWR22, and Flagellum joined the town. Many glorious fights were had with the powerful towns of DragonForge

and FlexCity.

After months of PvPing, I start to get pretty good. One rainy night, I killed the unkillable.

Jokes.

Eventually, we started doing something after events called the Arcadian War. A PvP town would be chosen to defend a treasure from invaders. These invaders were anyone not in the defending town. Huge amounts of people fought furiously to the death.

Soon after this, I took a break from the server. In the time I was gone, the nations of Athos and DarkFire sprung up and fought huge battles. I returned to a map reset, and here we are today.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  11. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

That house was fun to tear down.

12. I_am_dropbear

I_am_dropbear Active Member

In relation to most people, i'm rather "new" to the server. i think i joined june or july 2013 :p
    and i have no "old" pictures of my builds lol

13. kizzyfazzle

kizzyfazzle Active Member VIP

Screen Shot 2013-08-31 at 5.00.10 PM.png This build was my first build on creative, and my first ever build that wasn't a dirt box on minecraft.

I'm relatively 'new' as well only being on the server for 1 year but yeah I've seen pretty cool people come and go.

I_am_dropbear likes this.
  14. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

You guys are making me miss the days of Arcadia and Dragonforge. And I wasn't event there...

15. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

Generally i joined shadecrest more than one year ago (it was creative) i was a nub and didn't know how to build so i quit (i still don't know how to build xD)

Sent from my House that is mine with my alive dog

16. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Coming up on 2 years (I believe in a couple months it will be 2 years)? I haven't found any of my original Creative buildings, I'll keep searching, because I know I took some screenies.

17. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Anyone remember bedrock city my old town?

18. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

any 1 remember siliconia?

19. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

Nope

Sent from my damned apple device

20. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP