Things I Wish Survival Had

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by epic_poke8, Mar 6, 2014.

1. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

That would be a cool thing to implement, but wouldn't work with anything that can be made into a mob spawner. But things like zombie pigmen and wither skeles could work.

Nifix likes this.
  2. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

water is infinate

3. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

For the love of god, *infinite!

My statement still applies, that system requires much more of a redesign.

Flamestar00 likes this.
  4. TheTechGeek245

there is many ways to design a water system that diesnt need gravity

5. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Tech, what Ez is saying, is that they don't want to redesign it. They're not looking for another way to do it, they're just altering the one they have to work better.

Also:

There are many ways to design a water system that doesn't need gravity.

epic_poke8 and ezeiger92 like this.
  6. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

I'm pretty sure there a plugin for this kind of thing, let me go find it. NMBr2d2 you know what I mean.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  7. kizzyfazzle

kizzyfazzle Active Member VIP

Not much of these idea's are too achievable. With the admin shop I think instead of having a IG price guide there could be a thread of a help page with guidelines?

8. Legend9468

Actually 3, 4 and 6 are fairly do-able. Shadetoken machine being fixed, mining world more reset on a regular basis, and people actually making jobs for other people to do and/or special tasks/mobs for people to kills.

Just saying.

9. Legend9468

Also, just saying peeps, but this is why nothing happens in the server.

"Hey, I have idea A"
    "Sounds good, but we need to change it to AB in order for it to work"
    " "

If you have an idea that doesn't require a specific person to work (Like, the shadetoken machine needs on of the builders to alter it), then go out and research it.

Suggestions should ideally be in the format of.

- Idea.
    - Mod to make idea work. Can be one on the server, which would require you to say how it would be altered; OR post a link to the mod you would like to add, along with compatibility.
    - Pros of adding the mod. This is a reiteration of your idea, with specific details like locations and times.
    - Cons. How much work would it be to implement, how it would adversely affect the server, and can the ability be abused.
    - Any other things. Such as, how many people are needed, who can use it, how would it affect the server economy.

So, in other words, we want a persuasive argument. Don't like the sound of that because it sounds like a school project? Welcome to the real world, this is how stuff gets done.

ezeiger92 and epic_poke8 like this.
  10. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

I want to be able to craft zombie flesh into leather. Can you get onto that Legend? :p

11. Legend9468

This is where clones would come in handy.

Also, the subtext from my previous post has the gist of: Learn to become independent of other people. Chances are, the task that you want to accomplish is only going to take 10 minutes anyway, whereas it's going to take at least a week if you wait for someone else.
    You'll also probs get some respect from us if you make our job easier,

12. I_am_dropbear

I_am_dropbear Active Member

things i want in survival:
    1. ability to fly
    2. unlimited access to all the different blocks/items
    3. immunity

oh wait....

13. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

I_am_dropbear likes this.
  14. Legend9468

*Makes post about how people could make a change if they really wanted it, as long as they find the details themselves*

*Idea kills thread because apparently that's too difficult*

kizzyfazzle likes this.
  15. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I say we make improvement councils for both servers. There is very little effective communication between admins and members, the council could meet regularly and discuss how we could further improve both of our servers. We could have a separate council for creative and survival or have a joint council of both. The only issue I see with this is we would run into the occasional heated debate, so we would need a person fair enough to look into the pros and cons of both sides in the debate without bias.

epic_poke8 and SkittlesQueen like this.
  16. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Just found out something else while working on my EZ-Stock Lava Furnace (patent pending), we need hoppers that can go into locked chests.

17. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

"/chopper on" and punch the chest.

18. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Thank you

19. TheTechGeek245

would that also work for outgoing hoppers too?

20. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

I wish you could type /deathcoords to get the location of your last death. Damn ghasts :(

epic_poke8 and kizzyfazzle like this.