Brenthi Bombing (Potion of Harming 2 Spamming)

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Rem, Mar 16, 2014.

?

Shoud this be DeBuffed

1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

This has happened a few times on survival with this potion spamming. I'm not going to point out any names but i think its really unfair to the person. Lets say i got Full diamond armor and a OP Sword, Bow, etc. That is ALOT of money (depending on how you get it) and usually requires a long time. Getting potions of harming is very easy. It's very inexpensive. So if someone comes in and just spams Potion of Harming 2 and you can't really do anything. You get knock-backed and BOOM, you are dead. I'm not saying there can't be Potion of Harming on the server i just want a SERIOUS debuff. I'm also not the only one that has complained. If you want to know who has complained, message me on the forums or if you have complained put it here.

2. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

It's fair in that both parties can use the exact same item, but it's very unfun for PvP when you can lobbed with potions to do the same amount of damage as a god sword from further range.

Rem likes this.
  3. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

And when the person is invisible....

Rem likes this.
  4. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

I just wish for it to be controlled better. It's not really fair for the decked out diamond player who takes a long time to get that stuff and really for the bomber its just take a brewing stand and a couple spider eyes. If the bombing gets worst, you are going to have more complaints, more dirty players, and the fun taken out of pvp

Sent from my House that is mine with my alive dog

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  5. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Okay... And what's wrong with grabbing a power 4 bow and near insta-gib'ing them? I understood the irritation back when the enchantment cap was 50 and is was more difficult to get xp. Now this is just silly.

Dynodamon and Nifix like this.
  6. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Wait, can't you just take a potion of resistance II and a regeneration potion to counteract it? Can I change my vote?

7. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Where the heck do you propose getting a resistance potion from?

8. epic_poke8

They aren't actually in game? I don't brew much, lemme check.

9. epic_poke8

Ah, they are not. I have them on my map because I spawned them in, that's why I was confused. Still, regen 2 will keep you relatively safe. And don't forget god apples.

10. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

1. Regen 2 potions last a very short time
    2. God apples are still expensive compared to the cheap spider eyes

11. oiShocKWavesv

Regen potions run out quickly, plus harming II will bypass regen with ease. I don't feel like using a god apple every time someone attacks me with no armour and just potions.... Plus 72 gold (around 3200r) is a lot to pay every time this happens (a lot). It's very easy for you people who basically never pvp and experience this to say you don't see a problem with it.
    EDIT: dammit rem

12. epic_poke8

Well, fight fire with fire. Use cheap tactics if need be, maybe dig spots under trees and hide, wear full diamond with Fire Aspect dia swords, so the player who hits ya dies. And if these pots are easy to get, why don't you use em'?

13. oiShocKWavesv

I will never stoop that low.... And yes we do have full diamond and fire asp swords, but when you don't even see them coming and they attack you from behind then run rings around you there's nothing you can do. Wouldn't be annoyed if I was losing iron armour, but it actually is diamond armour and sharp V fire II.

14. epic_poke8

And your gear is not OP? I do not pvp much, but I understand how powerful Sharp V FA II is, especially with diamond armor, and if someone finds a way to beat that, good for them!

15. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

It pretty much is dirty PVPing

16. epic_poke8

And I think going against someone while equipped with full enchanted diamond gear while they have close to nothing is dirty PVPing as well. Instead of nerfing the pots, try to find another solution. Is changing a texture pack to make the invisible particles bright red illegal?

17. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

No more enchantments or potions, problemo solvo. ROOOOOOOOOOON.

epic_poke8 likes this.
  18. oiShocKWavesv

We don't choose to fight them, they attack us. And yes that is very illegal.

19. epic_poke8

I still don't like the idea of PVP really being based on gear, and not strategy.

20. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

I just feel like there needs to be a resolution that pleases both parties

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.