Rules to keep, rules to change.

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by KorkyOfRoblox, Apr 14, 2014.

1. KorkyOfRoblox

KorkyOfRoblox New Member

Here are my suggestions on what rules need to keep, get rid of, or change:

NOTE: All of these things are my own opinions and you may or may not agree with them.

General

• Do not ask to be server staff or request time/teleport changes. Keep
      • Do not advertise other servers. Keep
      • Do not use hacked clients or any mods/macros that will give you an advantage over others. Keep
      • Do not use shop chests or block chests/other storage devices with towny as a way to protect your stuff when you can't afford a chest lock. Keep
      • Do not exploit bugs to give yourself an advantage. Keep
      • Do not harass players. Make this more specific, because harassing players can mean many different things.
      • Do not create any gray areas in the rules. Keep
      • Do not set your home in other players' bases, homes, or towns for the purpose of raiding or stealing. Personally I believe you should have the right to set your home anywhere you want, but most people will disagree so I guess: Keep
      • Do not trick players into killing themselves. Via commands
        • This includes telling them to show themselves on the live map. Keep
      • Be respectful of all players and staff. Keep
    Griefing and Looting

• Griefing is allowed only to enter, but you must replace what you break. Keep
        • This means do not grief anything unless you replace it. Keep
      • Stealing from any chest or furnace you have access to is legal. Keep
        • This does not include chests that should be locked due to plugin failure. Keep
      • Do NOT harass players by routinely looting them. We have our rights and the player can lock chests, move, hide chests etc. So I believe you should be able to raid people as many times as you want, maybe not twice in one day or some rule like that.
      • Griefing is allowed in the mining, nether, and end worlds. Keep
        • Do not destroy blaze spawners in the nether if they are claimed. Keep
      • Do not steal from horse or donkey inventories outside of mining world. Remove it, no one uses donkeys to carry their supplies and people can abuse this by putting their valuables in them instead of locking chests.
      • Do not kill animals that are clearly someone else's without leaving enough to easily re-breed the same amount. Remove "Without leaving enough to easily re-breed the same amount" People can go around killing every animal except 2
        • This includes opening pens to let animals out or taking them away. Keep
        • Do NOT kill horses or donkeys that someone else owns. Keep
    Chat

• No swearing, spamming, or CAPSLOCK/other annoying ways to type. Keep
      • Use appropriate chat channels. Keep
      • Use /msg [player] for 1 to 1 conversations. Keep
    Building

• All towns and buildings in towns must be accessible without an enderpearl. I'd say with an enderpearl. Everyone has them and they are quite inexpensive.
      • Massive towers/pits of doom are illegal (1x1 from layer 64 to bedrock, stacked trees, etc.) Pits of doom should be legal because it's no different than a 1x2 from layer 64 to bedrock, stacked trees I agree with.
        • Death traps are allowed in PvP only Keep
      • Do not pillage the terrain. The mining world has all the resources you could ever need. Keep
      • Please chop down trees entirely and replant them. You don't HAVE to replant them, and no one will ever follow that rules, but the entire tree chopping is a keeper.
      • Build 100+ blocks away from spawn, towns, and player builds. Keep
    PvP
    Being engaged in PvP includes being caught in a PvP trap and running away from other players. Extend the CombatTimer and allow people to warp out freely after combat timer is finished, unless the person is in range of shooting a bow at you.

• Non-lethal traps must have a way of escape. All traps are lethal, right?
      • No extensive rushing Keep
        • You can rush players just don't lock them in a protected house and do it ect. Keep (someones spelled etc wrong)
      • No extensive spawn killing Keep
        • No killing them on there re-spawn point multiple times for no reason Isn't this the same as "No extensive spawn killing" ? (Their* not there)
      • Absolutely no /home, /warp, /town spawn or any other warping while engaged in PvP Keep
        • After raiding a town you have to leave the town before warping Keep
        • You should also check local if there is a chance someone is chasing you Remove: there is no "No one can hear you" anymore.
      • Do not use any teleports for PvP with the exception of: Keep
        • Your town's spawn Keep
        • Town spawns' of towns in the same nation as your's Nation? What's that supposed to mean, close by? same world?
        • Self deference after you warped somewhere (excluding enemy areas). Keep (Someone spelled defense wrong)
      • You must be a member of a pvp town to group raid a pvp town Remove, it's pvp that's why pvp towns are in pvp, and not all players can afford a town or get into one.
        • You can still raid PvP towns alone Keep
        • Peaceful town members can raid with PvP members of the same nation. Again, what do you mean by "nation".
      • Harming/killing players in a non-pvp zone is not permitted. Keep
      • Do NOT lock yourself inside towny blocks to hide from raiders. Keep
      • PVP towns must have PVP enabled on town grounds! (/town toggle pvp) Keep
      • Do not run into a non-PvP zone after engaging in PvP. Keep, but remove the trees that you can jump into pvp spawn from the top of them.
      • If you are INVISIBLE you MUST be wearing armor if you are POTION BOMBING Eh, I'd say holding an item but whatever floats your boat.
        • Potion bombing being defined as going to kill someone using potions that do damage. As a rule of thumb if you have 3 or more harmful potions (insta damage or posion) in pvp consider yourself a potion bomber. Keep, but you guys need to work on your spelling. "posion"
    Farms
    Hostile Mob Farms

• All types of farms except auto zombie pigmen and auto iron golems are allowed as long as they do not cause lag. My opinion is to let people make pigmen and golem farms due to the fact that they are vanilla.
        • This means that if you want to farm pigmen or iron golems you need to kill them in a "fair fight", that being they can attack you as well. Read above
    Other Farms
    (peaceful mobs, crops, etc.)

• Mobs should have walking room. I don't really see why this is a rule, but alright.
      • Farms should not cause lag. Keep this, remove that^
      • Door farms for villagers must be concealed. (They are ugly!) Keep
      • Do not stack farms, spread them out Keep
      • Admins have final say for overcrowded farms or cause lag. Keep
    Thanks for reading this; sorry for any typos I made I was in a rush.

To the staff: Look into all the red text
    To the players: Don't reply with negative feedback please, this is completely my opinion.

Side note:
    Just a suggestion to the staff, use good grammar and punctuation, don't mute people for an unreasonable amount of time, so either do a timed mute or if you can't do that get a plugin that can.

Thanks!
    Korky

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

This isn't allowed because they drop gold and iron which you could easily sell and make a load of cash without any effort. My original suggestion was to keep them in the game, but make the oreshop take the ore forms instead. People moaned about the fact that all their iron is already stored in blocks (sell it before it was implemented...), and that beyond that they have so much iron most of the time that they couldn't possibly store it in ore form (... sell it). I didn't push the point because I wasn't a part of survival at all, but I still think that's how it should have gone.

3. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

Gold farms can be made insanely fast, but iron farms cant, anyone who references the iron foundry needs to watch the video on it. In order to make a super fast spawner, you NEED access to the spawn chunks. So I vote that we allow iron farms because they have a high setup cost, and it will take quite literally 70+ hours of having the farm's chunks loaded for you to even come close to breaking even on it. But thats just my opinion, and Im willing to bet most staff will disagree.

Sent from my damned apple device

4. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

How about we wait and see what happens when the new rules are in place, because it seems you don't know this whole revamp of the rules is going on? CyberVic

5. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

KorkyOfRoblox and ezeiger92 like this.
  6. KorkyOfRoblox

KorkyOfRoblox New Member

I've seen it just not very recently, just showing my opinion on the current rules.

7. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Nation = 2 or more towns. I think there were benefits in the pluggin for making a nation, but I may be mistaken.

Mobs must have walking room. If you crowd a fair amount of mobs in a one block space then it creates lag.

8. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I agree that donkey inventories should be fair game for theft. However, then you run into the issue of people stealing saddles and armor as well.

9. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

Whilst we're talking about rules, I'd really like to see builds in the nether and the end protected.

Nether and end bases can be great, why should trolls be allowed to grief them? Surely that goes against the server ethics you're working so hard to create and maintain?

Mining world gets reset, so no permanent builds should be there anyway, so fair enough if that doesn't get protected by the rules.

10. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Looting donkeys shouldn't be allowed since they can't be locked.

For whoever asked, a nation is a way to officially make towns that join it linked, allowing you to use its t spawn. However, as it appears that the rule requiring you to walk from spawn, your town, or a town in your nation for pvp has been removed, reducing the use of a nation, so prices should probably be reconsidered too.
    Nether and the end are reset along with mining.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mega_Spud and epic_poke8 like this.
  11. Mega_Spud

I agree with no stealing from donkey inventories! :D

re. Nether, how about not resetting it?

12. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

What about the nether quartz? D:

Mega_Spud and THEdeadRETURNED like this.
  13. Mega_Spud

Good point :/

14. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Valid point. I think at face value I agree. There are other complications. Overall I do not have the same opinions as others around grinders, I cheapens the game experience, but that's a topic for another day.

Mega_Spud likes this.
  15. Mega_Spud

Maybe a mining only Nether world that gets reset periodically? Possibly a custom map without Fortresses etc?

(can we have 2 nethers?!)

16. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Well, we can have 2 overworlds, so 2 nethers shouldn't be overly difficult to generate. The main issue that I can see would be with Nether Portals, there may be conflicts of which one they link to.

Mega_Spud likes this.
  17. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/multiverse-netherportals problem solved

Sent from my damned apple device

Mega_Spud and Legend9468 like this.