Mob Drops..

Discussion in 'Requests and Reports' started by Mega_Spud, May 6, 2014.

1. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

Has someone been tinkering with mob drop rates?

I noticed that Wither skelly head drops have become almost non exsistent very quickly, to the point where I gathered 3-4 stacks of coal from them, but not a single head. (looting 3 should yield 4% chance of wither skelly head drop iirc)

Has this been altered recently?

Also, Stephen pointed out to me that (normal) Pigs are dropping Quartz Shards ?! I think this may be a result of craftbook tweak/error?

They cannot be made into quartz blocks, and has the item id: 406:-1#5D

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  2. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

I would assume that playerheads is to blame for wither head drops, but as for quartz shard... Someone may have screwed up adding a pigman drop, I don't know

Sent from my damned apple device

Mega_Spud likes this.
  3. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

You know that dungeon well CyberVic was messing with mob drops for like bosses and stuff and it may have gotten out

I too went wither farming and it seemed normal yesterday without looting i was getting a head every stack of coal

Mega_Spud likes this.
  4. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

The plugin cyber added was called PhatLoots or something, something in there possibly messed up. CyberVic

Mega_Spud likes this.
  5. Mega_Spud

ok, thanks for the replies, will wait to hear from CyberVic or sharqman something got borked along the way :D

Also, it was normal pigs that were dropping quartz shards, not pigmen.

6. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

As i said, seems like someone messed up

Sent from my damned apple device

7. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

I don't think someone "messed up", but rather there's a setting somewhere that allows that kind of thing that no one is aware of right now. And that setting needs to be off.

8. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

I'm almost 100% sure that I have disabled special mob drops from PhatLoots. I will double and tripple check. The only way PhatLoots can even replace a given entity's loot is if there is a loot table setup explicitly to replace that mob. So someone would have had to create a pig loot list then assigned that pig loot list to pigs. I'm pretty sure that's a hard thing to do by accident. It is very possible I don't 100% understand how that system is supposed to work and it's doing something that's hardcoded but I doubt that. Other plugins I cannot speak for.

9. Mega_Spud

Could disabling special mob drops have affected the Wither skelly's head drops in the nether?

10. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

There were in fact a few settings set to true, settings which shouldn't matter as I've stated there are no loot tables setup for pigs (or withers if you're familiar with the wither skull drop issue), but just to be safe just turned ALL that stuff to off.

11. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Apparently the quartz pig drops come from CraftBook. No further explanation though on the post as to whether it is configurable.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    waterpower1 and sharqman like this.
  12. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Config fixed, a lot of stuff in craftbook that I have no clue exists, going to have to sit down and run through it one day. It actually was increasing the head drop rate.

Mega_Spud likes this.
  13. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

That was my reasoning for why i suggested taking it off creative.
    Also space discovered a while ago cauldrons are enabled lol.

14. Mega_Spud

OK, just tested, took out 12 wither skellys in 25mins, got 1 head. [​IMG]

Pigs didn't drop any quartz shards either :p

re. craftbook, yeah there are loads, some are good too..

Perhaps some of them could be added to vip perks? Dispenser recipes can be fun, though most will probably be over powered. The fan could be funny though :p
    http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Dispenser_Recipes