Qb10panther's Architect Application

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by qb10panther, May 20, 2014.

?

Should I Become Architect?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. qb10panther

qb10panther Member

Thread Title: [IGN] qb10panther

Disclaimer: This thread is for admins and architects to post only. Please nobody else post here.

IGN: qb10panther

Why I want to become Architect: I want to become an architect because it has been my goal since I first joined this server. While I love building for the fun of building, I do always strive to get to the next rank. Architect is something I have worked for and hopefully I get it this time. Architect will also give me more permissions to make better and bigger builds. VoxelSniper and more WorldEdit will allow for me to better my building skills. I also hope to be able to help people build.

How long I have been on the server(/seen): July 12,2012

Warps, Pictures, or Coordinates below:
    Main Builds:
    /warp treeport (my oldest build that I made almost a year ago)
    /warp seaisland
    /warp schs
    /warp TempleoftheSky. This is my newest build so hopefully you can look at this build and tell me what you think.

Side/Small Builds:
    /warp thefleet (the boat you spawn on)
    My other build is a floating city. I ran out of public warps so to see it go to /warp thefleet and then make a right from where you spawn and fly upwards and forwards. The city should be visible from there. I apologize for this but i dont have enough public warps.

Thanks for looking at my application!

epic_poke8 and waterpower1 like this.
  2. CW390

CW390 Member Creative Architect

You have greatly improved over time. Starting from the first build and seeing the vast improvements as I progressed through the warps, I have concluded that you are worthy of Architect. The Temple of the Sky build really blows me away! The planets and stars on the ceiling really topped it off for me! You have shown detailing and depth. I say yes.

3. Chandler107

Chandler107 Member Creative Architect

I've been building with you for a while now, and I know that you are capable of making great builds. As CW said, you have improved a lot, and I think that you have become worthy of the rank. There are a few things that you should still work at, but as of now, its a yes from me.

4. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I agree with CW and chand, you have improved loads since your first build. You also check the boxes when it comes to being active and friendly.

However I think that you do need work on some things, consistency mainly. For example in your TempleOfTheSky build, the sides of the temple have big plain stretches of roof/wall, with minimal detail in them. Particularly on the majority of the roof of that build, it needs some sort of support/strut structure to give it a bit more depth detail and break up the sea of white quartz. I haven't seen much terrain work from you either, you tend to build on quite flat surfaces/make terrain flat for a build, from what I've seen.

Overall I think you are capable of good builds, you just need to keep consistency; If you make a big build try to cram it with detail and keep that level of detail. I wonder if you would be better with smaller builds, like little detailed buildings and towns? Your ship at thefleet is a good example of a smaller detailed build from you.

At the moment I'm on the fence and will make my mind up when I've seen a few more points from other people :p

Decision will go here: Yes :)

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  5. I have known Qb forever it seems and wow--what an improvement over your first builds. This last one is just excellent. As I mentioned a few days ago, the roof needs improvement. I know our standards change over time. The standard for Architect has just continued to jump as the skills of it's builders improve. As compared to other architect builds, I think yours is completely acceptable and even over the top. The artistry of the roof, the design, the variety all delighted me. I agree that it would be great to see some terrain work. But I still think this build is worthy of architect combined with your other builds.

6. trukklob

trukklob Active Member Creative Architect

Nice long-term dedicated player, greatly improved building skills... it's a yes from me! Can't wait to see you crank out some cool builds with ya new world edits. :D

7. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

8. Yay! Congratz QB!

9. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

And promoted to architect on the forums. Congrats!

Esssence (Anno) likes this.
  10. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Yay qb!

follow the buzzards

Esssence (Anno) likes this.
  11. Ksapple107

Ksapple107 Active Member Creative Architect

Congrats, qb. Definitely would have been a yes from me if I had seen this earlier :)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk