Table Top Wargaming

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by CyberVic, Jun 4, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

2. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

black legion im guessing? looks amazing

3. CyberVic

Yeah of course black legion. 30 chosen, 3 lords, 2 helbrutes (3rd helbrute is already finished), just the base coats right now. Need to put on shades, do highlights, then the bases. My reward to myself after finishing painting these guys is building a Heldrake.

4. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

I've recently got D&D, maybe we'll paint the D&D characters with the Citadel paint, worth a try.

5. CyberVic

6. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

Ok, thanks for the help :D, playing later tonight

7. CyberVic

8. CyberVic

9. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

10. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

[​IMG]
    This is my first attempt at making a warhammer building
    And then this one is my second one
    [​IMG]
    I actually got like a couple of ppl looking at it n saying how they liked it ect

11. CyberVic

Interesting...

12. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Realise this thread has been dead for almost a month now. But guess who just went down and purchased some wraithguard for the first time in 2 years?

Summer's pree much keeping me indoors, so I figured now would be a good time to pick up the hobby again.

13. CyberVic

WOOOT Wraithlords!

40k Rumor mill is stating that there will be a Harlquin supplement released soon.

Also.... silly southern hemisphere, not having Winter when you should be having winter. BAH

14. Legend9468

Wraithguard* Assembling them as Wraithblades, as 20 year old Lege has a better concept of army balance and dynamics than 14 year old Lege. In that I now realise that I can't have an army entirely composed of ranged units, with like 3 models melee equipped.

Wraithlord is next on the list though, then probably a Wraithknight. I'm more of a collector than a gamer, and mechanised units are probably my favourite (May even do an Imperial Guard tank regiment in the future, and maybe even a Revenant Titan)

EDIT: For reference for those who don't know 40k. Wraithguard are like the smaller cousins to the Wraithlords, and are like half the size. Wraithknights are larger still, at like 9 inches tall, and Revenant Titans are the largest and not even able to be used in normal games.

15. CyberVic

I dunno the current edition of 40k is very pro-shooty.

But then again I don't build my armies for what is "optimal" I go for what's fun and fluffy.

No one that I know has 33 black legion chaos chosen all beautifully painted. My next project is 2 more forge fiends (for a total of 3 with a Warpsmith) and a helldrake.

16. Legend9468

Oh yeah, my armies fair shooty, but I figure a shield wall of psychoplastic material wouldn't hurt in larger games. Y'know, chill there safely while my reapers tear it up from afar.

I know the feeling, I go for what l enjoy the lore about/the looks more than what's actually good for my army.