This Week in ShadeCrest - 2014/06/13

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, Jun 13, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]
    Summary:
    • General - Website problems
    • Survival - Spawn updates
    • Survival - Player stats pages
    • Survival - Survival Peaceful / PvP netherportals
    • Survival - Polished Stone and Polished Sandstone
    • Vanilla - Community Projects and other forum changes
    • Space Engineers - Server Status, Forums, Dedicated Servers, Whitelisting

General - Website problems
    It's amazing when we have a fabulous weekly update but there's a possibility people won't see it the day it gets posted. As I'm sure most of you have noticed, our website is having issues. The machine that Max is hosting our website on is having some hardware issues and will be replaced. Until then the website will continue to be up and down. Good news is that this has no effect on the game servers or Teamspeak as those are on different machines.

Survival - Spawn updates
    Been working throught the week with ezeiger92 and Dynodamon on banging out the to-do list of items left need doing for Spawn. With this list, spawn is back up to date and really we don't need the old spawn anymore. I'm specially pleased we got all the kinks worked out with the quiz system (sorry to those new members who maybe joined during it's buggy phase). There are still of course more things to do, but those are less curcial and are being worked on by various people (ex. the ShadeToken re-implementation being done by ndvenckus1).
    • [FIXED](ezeiger92) Guest spawn needs better/more instruction
    • [FIXED](ezeiger92) Players not getting quiz book when entering the quiz or on failure
    • [FIXED](Dynodamon) Add first ShadeCrest chunk to the world
    • [FIXED](ezeiger92) Spleef water needs to tp them like before
    • [DONE](ezeiger92) Test [new version of] CommandHelper for the bug that caused #4. (EntityID and location mismatch on some players, caused pgive_item() to fail)
    • [DONE](ezeiger92) Full implementation of new quiz system, new players now using it
    • [PARTIAL](ezeiger92) Functional secret admin shop (link to discussion) (More input needed!)
    • [DONE](ezeiger92) Marketplace plot regions
    Survival - Player stats pages
    Added a new comprehensive player stats page. A thread describing the to-do list and what's been implimented so far is available here: http://shadecrest.com/site/threads/6329/. Eventually there will be more stats, summary pages, top 10 lists and cool stuff like that. What mostly I need is feedback on what kind of cool stats you would like to see. For now if you want to see your stats you just need to change the web URL to have your name in place of my name.

I encourage folks to link to your stats page in your signature like I have. ;-)
    http://mc.shadecrest.com/MCStats/profile.php?player=CyberVic

Survival - Survival Peaceful / PvP netherportals
    ezeiger92 finally fixed lighters in pve and pvp. You can now make nether portals from those worlds. The problem? Towny was breaking ShadeCrest rule #1. Had to run "/townyworld toggle fire" in each world to make it work. I have personally tested this. One thing to note that if you go through a portal, let's say from PvP to the Nether, but then go through the Nether portal back, it will bring you into the Mining world.

Survival - Polished Stone and Polished Sandstone
    ezeiger92 added a small script that allows 43:8 and 43:9 to drop themselves when broken with a pick (instead of turning into stone slabs). They have been renamed "Polished Stone" and "Polished Sandstone" respectively, and are for sale in the admin shop.

Vanilla - Community Projects and other forum changes
    At the request of Z_Millla, added a sub forum specifically for community projects since that's been a really big part of the Vanilla experience. Also added some more sub-forums for the Vanilla server requests and reports (similar to the survival server).

Space Engineers - Server Status, Forums, Dedicated Servers, Whitelisting
    I added a server status for Space Engineers servers on the front page. Fought with Xenoforo and finally won, though it was a hacktastic solution it still works and looks nice. Added a whole new forum section for Space Engineers with information about our current dedicated servers. One of those (the public server) has undergone a change, I disabled meteors because they were causing lag / crashes. I also setup a whitelisting application on the SpaceEngineers forums. Beginning research on what it will take to get a linux dedicated server running as apposed to just a windows dedicated server running on my local box.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  2. Thanks so much Cyber. I was playing for awhile on Creative and was so sad to see player after player just give up and quit. I know when I tried to do the test to join.. through the spawn, it was extremely buggy. It was only because I knew what I was doing that the confusion didn't throw me. Knowing you guys got this fixed gives me new incentive to hang out on Creative and hope to encourage players in their work. Can't wait to see new people and get back to my building... Vanilla is super fun but I miss building and cheering new players on. <3 Great work on everything!

waterpower1 likes this.