EULA changes

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by Slebert, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

2. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

The EULA has not been changed, Mojang's just become a bit more strict about it. I personally think it's crap, as other than the little "VIP" tag. none of SC's perks are cosmetic. Just to let you all know, my money was a donation, so if you give the perks to all or take them away, I personally won't care too much.

Dynodamon likes this.
  3. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Could be time to fire up the VIP server?

4. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

YEA GUYS LETS ALL GO PLAY THE BOCKBEARD APOCALYPSE SERVER IT"LL BE A PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  5. StephenP67

Seems rather nonsensical to allow separate servers (in the EULA) with VIP access only but not allow VIP perks on a non VIP server.

6. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Not really, it's arguing about equal rights for all players on a server. As in don't allow a "pay to win" situation on a server.

7. StephenP67

I wonder how this affects things like portable crafting. It doesn't restrict non-VIPs from making a crafting table, just makes it more convenient.

8. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

All vip perks are cosmetic or make things more convenient (Excluding One Free Warp) colored signs are cosmetic, lift signs do the same thing redstone elevators do, gates can be redstone wired

9. Slebert

There are a few things on Shadecrest that break the EULA

Sent from Sleberts phone

10. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

im just wondering how the hell mojang plans on enforcing this...

11. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

Technically they will only notice the big servers

12. epic_poke8

That's no excuse for being a rulebreaker. With Lifts and such, we sorta go over the line. Give access to all players, or take it away from VIPs... I hope we don't upset anyone.

Slebert likes this.
  13. Legend9468

Maybe this could finally be a use for the Creative points? (Because then they're available to everyone)

Random0ne likes this.
  14. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Equality oh no! There hasn't been bitching about VIP's stuff for about 2 and a half years :p

oiShocKWavesv and Rem like this.
  15. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

Actually, I really like this idea for both servers. It's a way to get around the eula as all players would potentially have access to the perks, and it would give a nice incentive for voting

16. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Considering 90% of the active players are VIP, I dont think this is a big issue on the server...

17. epic_poke8

90% is not all. Mojang's point is not equality, but actually giving game-changing mechanics away for cash. Things like lifts and such that actually change how the game could be played, TNT is actually part of the game, things like that. Mojang does not want people making a profit on their software. And it cannot be forgotten, the children using their parents' credit cards to spend $100 on server perks and such, and then when the parents want a refund, they ask the game's developer: "Hey, I spent a lot of money on your game and would like a refund". This can be a BIG problem, as you can see. Adamzonetopmarks (The Gamer Chaps) have been discussing this for some time now. You may want to watch their videos. Mojang's just trying to keep from getting into legal issues and such.

18. Slebert

Mojangs point is equality... They are trying to stop servers from being pay2win.

19. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

No, mojangs point is giving a big FU to larger servers because a couple of them are exploitive. They're swatting at a fly with a sledgehammer here, not caring about anyone else they may hurt in the process

20. Legend9468

Also just bringing up this line in Epic's post. It's the other reason they probably doing it, so they can legally cover themselves and not have to deal with angry parents.