A humble request for ZMilla (or any Admin of this server)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Brooks Palin, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Brooks Palin

Brooks Palin New Member

Recently on the server, I have heard a lot of shadecresters say that they need more slimes. I think it is actually a huge problem, because swamps don't seem to spawn slimes like they used to in earlier versions of minecraft. So here is my solution: we need a slime chunk spawner. something that would really benefit this community. The problem with that is we need the seed of the world witch is privileged info (I understand why).

So, here is my humble request for the admins of the vanilla survival shadecrest server: Make a public slime chunk spawner. It would help everyone on the server, and I know that it will sure help me. Thank you :)

If any forum users see this and agree with me, please leave a reply down bellow :)

2. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Why not answer Z's question on the portal thread...then try suggesting something....or what most ppl would say...why don't you start on that yourself

follow the buzzards

3. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I believe Z is already working on a slime farm. Also, slime spawning in swamps is linked to the lunar cycle; they are most likely to spawn during a full mood. Likewise, none will spawn during a new moon.

Edit: Skittles, play nice

Navarog likes this.
  4. Brooks Palin

Brooks Palin New Member

I understand that the moon cycle has alot to do with the spawning of slime, and I did try to find some slines on a full moon, no dice. I was just suggesting something that would help the comunity. If handled correctly, a chunk spawner could produce enough slime for every one on the server.

5. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Z is indeed working on one, whether or not it will be public however is entirely up to him. His resources are going into it, so he is free to deny access. I suggest hunting for a slime chunk like we did, I believe you just have to dig around under y=40, it took us ages to find one but there ended up being one in our base.

In vanilla if you want something done I suggest doing it yourself, not trying to sound harsh but that is the fun of vanilla. Or maybe that's just my opinion.

Navarog likes this.
  6. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

I wish we had /seed...

7. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

Its already been said that the seed will never be publicly avalible, due to the ability to x-ray or find out other stuff on a single player world

Sent from Sleberts phone

8. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

It is just as easy to X-ray in multiplayer because vanilla doesn't have ore obfuscation. I suppose an argument could be made for using MCEdit to clear away all of the stone, and then saving the location of diamonds and dungeons. Still, keeping the seed private on vanilla is less important than keeping private on survival, because survival can block X-ray users (again, ore obfuscation).

Slebert likes this.
  9. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

The seed will remain private for all the obvious reasons as well as the obscure ones.

I will not be finding people slime chunks. I found a chunk the old fashion way, I'm sure everyone else can as well. It took me about a week of playing on the server and a little bit of luck.

Swamps are pretty pitiful, but you can get some spawning.

My slime farm is also insanely slow. I'm not sure what specifically is causing the rates to be so pitiful, but most days I get no slime anyway.

If you want to use my slime farm, talk to me in private. I will not make it public since people are so passionate about stealing on the server right now.

Dynodamon likes this.