I need a mod....for minecraft

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by SkittlesQueen, Jul 19, 2014.

1. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Forge doesn't work for me, it gives me a small corner of the title screen and I click on the line n the minecraft window goes black and doesn't load nothing,was going to use it for the mod thedead told me about to organize my chests....so since forge doesn't work, I need a mod that'll work without forge that can just organize my chests and is okie to use on the server...thanks for the help

2. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Uh, a lot of mods work without forge, it's only when you want multiple mods at once there are issues with incompatibility.

3. oiShocKWavesv

Not sure what that mod would do to help chest organisation, although it looks really awesome :p
    ModLoader is essentially the same as forge, and (I'm assuming the mod is Inventory Tweaks) Inventory Tweaks also works with ModLoader. Have you tried to install ModLoader and see if that works?

4. oiShocKWavesv

Greaaaat deleted posts that now make me look like a rambling idiot who talks to himself :S

Dynodamon likes this.
  5. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Cleaned thread... Unfortunately I'm not much help because I'm at work (on break right now). And sorry shock, that one was me.

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  6. SkittlesQueen

I don't really wanna change clients either so it would have to be a mod that could be moved to the mod folder that works without forge

7. ezeiger92

Uh, no, that's not how MineCraft works. The mod folder was added by forge, and normal clients won't even acknowledge it exists. Have you tried using the forge installer (link to their forums)?

8. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

Perhaps Skittles meant that you add it to the minecraft.jar in wherever tf it is nowadays.

9. SkittlesQueen

Yea that's what I meant...the mod folder in the minecraft.jar folder....

10. ezeiger92

GingerSwan The reason I suggest trying forge again is because I find it extremely difficult to believe Skittle's computer is the only one that has some strange incompatibility with forge to the point that it makes MineCraft inoperable. Modding for MineCraft without the use of an api (Bukit, Forge) is the largest pain in the ass on the planet, so modders usually don't bother modding vanilla. Also, installing those mods by jar modification has become more difficult than it has been in the past.

SkittlesQueen Read my other post, MineCraft isn't reading from that folder, adding mods to it without forge will never do anything.

DeeeezNutz likes this.
  11. GingerSwan

That's why we want Mojang to hurry on with the modding API

12. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

like mojang will ever have anything as simple to use as forge for 1.6+ you click a button than drop the mods in a folder :p

13. GingerSwan

Lol yeah

14. SkittlesQueen

Has in the past with optifine and I've tried forge 4 times same thing happens...dead gave me the link last night.

15. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Do you get that error trying to run forge with this particular mod? Do you have the right version of forge for the mod? They usually have a page on minecraftforums which will detail the version required. Also try removing any other mods from the folder in case they are incompatible.

ezeiger92 likes this.
  16. ezeiger92

I get off work at 5, be back to my computer around 6. I'll install forge and some inventory tweak thing, and upload the files for ya.

SkittlesQueen likes this.
  17. SkittlesQueen

optifine is the only mod i use so yea i guess so lol and yes i got the right version of forge, also forge created a new profile which doesn't have optifine so that shouldn't be the problem

18. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Double check to make sure that your mods folder is empty, and make sure you have either the latest version of forge or the version suggested by the mod maker. You might have some old mod that you forgot about still in your mods folder.

19. SkittlesQueen

i got the right version of forge i know that, moved a few mods some place else.....same thing happend

20. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Could you post the specific mod and version you are trying to run and also the specific version and build of Forge you are running it on? ie. Forge 1.6.4 - 9.11.1.965

Some mods require a specific build or later. Different versions of Forge have different builds available so it's not always as simple as having just the correct version.