This Week in ShadeCrest - 2014/08/15

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, Aug 15, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]
    Summary:
    • Survival - Rent Management plugin
    • Survival - Updates to ChestShop Averages
    • Creative - Another mod and Creative forum rank
    • Creative - New spawn and quiz
    • Space Engineers - 22 installed mods
    • General - plug.dj/shadecrest

Survival - Rent Management plugin
    ezeiger92 and I have been working on a rent management plugin that will allow you to purchase, list, get info on, pay, and in general manage the things you are renting from the Survival spawn (lots and chests). The feature set is about half done, focusing on the features players will need first and worried more about what happens when rent isn't paid later. We will be rolling it out as soon as people can claim initial items, pay, and maintain their payments. I plan on also building a web UI for this, showing a kind of map of spawn's plots, who has what lots / chests and how long they have till their lots expire.

Survival - Updates to ChestShop Averages
    I updated http://mc.shadecrest.com/ChestShop/. First, added better formatting of column headers for better rendering on screens with lower resolution. Also there is a calculator mode and summary mode. Calculator mode is the one you should be familiar with from the past, summary mode is a new mode that just shows the averages per item. Included the ability to see the averages by different time periods. By default it shows within the last 3 months which is probably a meaningful time period for most people setting up / maintaining shops and trying to stick near the averages.

Creative - Another mod and Creative forum rank
    Navarog has promoted another creative moderator, Stephen4705! We also now have a Creative Moderator rank here on the forums, so they can take part in staff communications and help moderate the forums.

Creative - New spawn and quiz
    The hard work of the Creative staff team has delivered a new spawn for Creative players. It includes a new quiz. ndvenckus1 is helping work out some of the minor details to be finalized, but should be wrapped up sometime today or this weekend.

Space Engineers - 22 installed mods
    I have installed an initial set of mods for the Space Engineers server, a total of 22. The amount of items available for building is just about doubled with all these mods installed. A lot of them are ascetic and serve no functional purpose, but some of them are functional and offer new game-play options. As the API unfolds for the modding community, I foresee a lot of these mods moving from general cosmetics to really cool interesting mods. If there are mods you would like to see, let me know in this thread: http://www.shadecrest.com/site/threads/6517/#post-88373

http://plug.dj/shadecrest/
    We have a new plug.dj channel. Still some setup work needs to be done (I'm not currently happy with the setup/policies, working with Stephen on the setup), but this will be the official plug.dj channel going forward. It's a better URL and easier to remember. Play on!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    cemeterry and Slebert like this.
  2. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Correction, 32 mods now on Space Engineers.