Extended Downtime

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, Aug 19, 2014.

1. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

CyberVic

Keep in mind that uptime is one of the main factors that goes into rank calculation on server lists. As long as our bungee and hub servers are up, they should be able to ping us just fine, but I thought it'd be a good idea to point that out. Maybe we could have a message display on hub during downtime that lets people know what's going on so we don't lose any potential players.

As far as everything else goes, I agree that all the things you mentioned need to get done, but I can't see us needing as much time as you're proposing (yeah, maybe for the initial database optimization and whatnot, but updating plugins isn't that intensive of a process). Late Saturday works for me in most cases, but if anyone has another suggestion, I'm all ears.

2. Grimmjow

Grimmjow New Member

Maybe we could have events during downtime like survival games or something pvp

3. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

The plan is to do it during hours in which no one is even awake, or very few people.

Yeah I think the database stuff is just a one off kind of thing which would take the most work.

And yeah I would stick to one server at a time and keep bungee up only taking it down if we absolutely have to. Thankfully Bungee is all config and no database.

4. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Maybe you could schedule an Arcadian Wars for when it happens? Like everyone gets the kit and just messes around doing it for fun, while people are doing what needs to be done behind the scenes.

GingerSwan and Grimmjow like this.
  5. CyberVic

/facepalm

The servers will be down. How do you expect to do an arcadian war?

ezeiger92 likes this.
  6. Legend9468

7. Grimmjow

Grimmjow New Member

if u dont turn down the hub server we can do it there!!!

8. CyberVic

Don't know why I started this thread.

We've already begun the process and been doing it when no players are around.

9. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

You started it cuzz you wanted feedback, you got the feedback so why not lock this now?

10. Legend9468

Ohk then Cybs. It was a nice thread while it lasted anyway.