Vanilla's Cement Water

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by epic_poke8, Aug 29, 2014.

1. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

In the overworld, water is moving VERY slowly. I tested, and it's slower than lava. May we have faster water?
    Slow water does not make it easier, and it does not make it harder, it's just annoying.

2. Jojomojobfh

Jojomojobfh Member

It's a bug, a problem with the server. It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I believe the staff is trying to fix it.

3. epic_poke8

May I ask how it works? Lava in the Nether moves as fast as it should.

4. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

epic_poke8 We have no plugins that should mess with block updates. I don't have the problem when I run it on a test server. I have been fighting my way through every plugin's config file trying to figure out what in the hell is going on. The server tick rate has been 19.5+ since the map finished preloading. I'll continue to search for the problem (as I have been for the last week) later today, but for now I have to show off our team's game at PAX.

Rem likes this.
  5. Jojomojobfh

Jojomojobfh Member

I mean, yeah I noticed that sometimes it flowed very slowly. Also with gravel falling. But at other times water flowed normally.

6. epic_poke8

Alright, ez. As I said, it's just annoying. Good luck at PAX.

7. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

8. N2Mining

N2Mining Member VIP

Thanks for the hard work ezeiger92, I have noticed it to, and the same with gravel. I have not tested sand. I could not get the torch/gravel thing to work due to the weirdness. No big deal and no complaints.