Coming Soon: ShadeCrest's New Rules

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, Sep 2, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

As of today, please make sure you follow the 6 general rules. which apply to all ShadeCrest servers. The server specific rules still need to be ironed out and that will be done as we update the wiki.

For those who live under a boulder and haven't been paying attention to the slow changes I've been orchestrating around here, first take a quick look at my "Master Document" which has been referenced many times in the past. Right now I think I've completed steps 1-4 though some of it requires continued maintenance to keep it moving forward.

There were some pretty huge changes I originally had in my vision
    1. Develop a clear vision of what we want ShadeCrest to be in the future based on the current community's core values and make it future proof or at least more future resistant
    2. Organize the staff, form a clear leadership structure, create a Staff Structure, the Staff Manifesto
    3. Clean up the servers, forums, database in terms of maintenance, keep maintenance more regular, get backups going, all the stuff a professionally run server should do
    4. Increase voting, improve how we market ourselves, increase external communication, more marketing
    5. Create a core unifying code of conduct / rules for all of ShadeCrest regardless of server, teamspeak, or forums, revamp the rules across all servers so they are clearer and easier for a 13 year old to understand, create a set of policing guidelines for staff
    6. Continue to implement lots of new features, keep staff active, and grow the community

So that puts us to step 5.

Over the next couple of weeks, we will be making some pretty massive updates to the Wiki. This process will be moving a lot of the stuff from the Master Document into the wiki as official new rules. For most players this will not impact you. Only those who like to skirt the rules, they might you may find the new rules feeling too restrictive. Some of our current rules we might do away with completely because there's no need to have 500 line items describing all the different exploits which are illegal, simply exploits are illegal. Rule #6 in the new rules covers a large bucket of things:
    We will give updates about specific stuff that might be changing, but the intention is not to change rules, but rather just make them simpler and more general so we don't have to make "rulings" all the time about every single little thing. Rules should be general and follow the core code of conduct, individual server rules should only be special things which are unique to the server's setup. We also intend on certain things which used to be enforced through rules to instead enforce things through plugins and setting up the server in a way so that you CAN'T do what we don't want you to do. Do not confuse that with "if the server allows me to do it, then it must be ok".

Anyhow, hopefully this is boring news to most, though I'm sure some people will have strong things to say.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  2. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

Hi CyberVic ,

I noticed that there wasn't anything in the new rules and guidelines about claimed blaze spawners and their associated areas (grinders, arenas etc).

I was told before that damaging or altering these was not allowed. If this is still the case, and will continue to be so, could that information be added to the master document perhaps?

Regards,
    Mega.

3. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Mix of general rules 1 and 3: leave their spawners alone. Also, grinders might be on their way our again (thread).

Mega_Spud likes this.
  4. Mega_Spud

Hmm, I suppose, I might still like to make a blaze arena though, and I bet people could grief it and refer to :

"Nether / End / Mining Rules
    1. Builds are not protected in these worlds"

5. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Mega_Spud Blaze farms are still legal, and they can only exist in the nether. You don't get anything special from demolishing a blaze farm, so the only goal would be making the creator angry.
    That's my reasoning, anyway ^^.

6. Mega_Spud

I see, that makes sense, thanks for your help.