Let's talk about McMMO and other fantasy plugins

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by CyberVic, Sep 5, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

It's something that I've been wanting to do for a long time and talked with a LOT of players about. It's in an attempt to help reduce the over abundance of rupies in the economy. For now it will be disabled. One thing we will likely also be implementing is a sales tax per chestshop transaction.

2. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Back in the day, Max did the same thing, with a tax on warping. It didn't work. Also, who did you talk to?

3. CyberVic

Honestly we mostly changed the admin shop because you were being annoying and berating us and we wanted to do something that was fun for us to do. We honestly aren't ready to go full scale removal of cash for ingots and will be switching things back. We have to implement a few more systems before we can remove it (which we WILL be doing at some point in the future). I want to have quests, 1-2 more dungeons in play (with rupies from chests), and possibly one other way for players to still get rupies entering the economy, before we remove cash for ingots.

The point is that infinite money streaming into the economy is relatively bad as a whole. It's great for people's who sole purpose in life is to get rich, but it hurts the average player's experience.

Finally, a 4-5% tax per chestshop transaction is not the the same as charging a flat fee per warp. One is slow minor drain on the economy that is a cost of doing business as a chestshop owner, the other one affects gameplay. Also, I think I have a fair bit more experience balancing economies than Max, considering I started doing it over 15 years ago (first time managing / owning an MMO server was back in 98/99).

4. PieSquared761

It's fine for you to make changes with reasons, but at least tell us before you do them, and at least give us a chance to say something. It's extremely uncomfortable to see such drastic changes on the server without discussion, especially when discussion leads to kicks. That said, I suppose all I can do is wait for you to make these changes, as I "can't win this argument." I just hope you at least let us say something instead of assuming we are all on board with every change you make and that they're all going to benefit the server without any visible signs of success. I trust you, but being effectively in the dark on all of the changes is a concern, especially when literally none of us on the server at the time was aware of or pleased by the changes.

GingerSwan likes this.
  5. CyberVic

Your rage and continuous ability to be annoying is what got you kicked.

In terms of a change like the admin shop, sometimes changes like that it's better if we change them without warning players. Because if for example we warned you, you'd immediately flood rupies into the economy selling all those blocks of diamond / gold you have. We wouldn't want that if our intention is to stop the unending flow of rupies into the economy. Again, this is something that EVERY MMO has to deal with and sometimes you make wise decisions that the playerbase who might now really understand proper balance and the needs for the changes to be "ok" with it.

Also, I don't make changes with all players in the dark. I have a staff of experienced admins I communicate with and generally air my ideas to the Teamspeak community which generally is good for bouncing ideas off of and getting opinions. I also talk with random players in game. Observe players, and utilize my wider wisdom, judgement, and experience to initiate change.

Again, my goal is to secure the longevity and future of the server, not necissarily to please every single current player about everything. My other goal is to increase the relative amount of fun on the server and am trying to add MORE things to do at the same time as I remove things which I feel are not in the best interest of the server either through nerfs along with buffs, or whatever else as makes sense.

6. PieSquared761

Asking questions is rage? But this isn't important from what you said.
    I actually agree with this, thank you for (finally) answering some questions with some reasonable answers.

7. CyberVic

I think I've spent 90% of my time today (which is basically been my entire day aside from 4 hours I was at DnD) on ShadeCrest arguing with you. It's not that you ask questions. It's the accusatory, bitchy, annoying, whiny, constant, way that you complain and complain and complain and complain and finally yes we're talking now like adults, but that hasn't been the majority of the last 2 days of conversation with you.

8. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

I don't mean to be rude, but hell, I think BOTH of you are acting a bit childish. Now that I got that out of my system, may I suggest to cut any further crap and talk about the thread and NOT talk about how people could ask/answer questions better? Thanks.

As for tax, I can see what you're trying to do, but people like to get the amount of cash displayed on the sign. I am not saying it's a bad idea, I am just saying not everyone will like it.

9. Jojomojobfh

Jojomojobfh Member

Might I inquire what fantasy plugins you are thinking of adding?

10. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

This was the general list that Cyber posted earlier. Page 1, near to the bottom I think. Probs more dungeon than fantasy though.

11. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

While I do like the idea of adding more things to do I don't think it's good to get too prescriptive in the game play. Something like Skyblocks for instance can be fun for a while but it gets to the point where you've kind of done it all and there's no point playing any more. The beauty of Minecraft is that it's up to the individual to find their own goals and define their own play.

Mega_Spud likes this.
  12. CyberVic

It's a built in chestshop feature we just have to enable. I'll have to research whether the seller or buyer feels the tax.

13. PieSquared761

From my point of view, it's the same thing. I feel like you're doing whatever you want to and think it's balanced no matter what, so long as it's your decision. But fine, it's over now. Balance the game however you want to, I trust that the server will become better as a result.

14. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Okie back on track, to the plugins etc that might be nerfed/ added, I say change is good, hard to accept but good. The people who wanna complain, hold off the complaints till you see the changes that are to come in the future, that's what I'm doing. So CV get ya admin buds together and work hard! :)

THEdeadRETURNED likes this.
  15. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Is it supposed to be nearly 26k xp per level for herbalism at level 660? :confused:
    [​IMG]

16. CyberVic

Yup that seems right, but actually that's less before. See because before it took 14220 experience at level 660, but everyone had a 50% xp gain nerf. So really it took about 28440 experience using the old system.

In the new system, the XP nerf is removed. Just the "number" needed to get there seems twice as high. According to my graph, using the new system it should take 25509 experience at level 660.

I think people just see the number and think that it's more because it's a bigger number. I don't think people realize that I undid the 50% xp gained nerf that was in place in the past.

Go here:
    https://www.desmos.com/calculator/8037gbjhfy

Compare the blue line (#2) and the orange line (#6). Blue was our old xp curve (if you include the fact that in the past we had a 50% xp gained nerf), orange is our new xp curve. Levels 1-300 should be a TON easier to get, 300-750 should be easier to get than before, and levels 750 - 1000 should be harder to get. That is the intended implementation and according to the numbers you are seeing, that seems correct to me.