Creative Monthly Contest (September)

Discussion in 'Contests/Events' started by Navarog, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Navarog

Navarog Well-Known Member

This is the first month long Creative contest! You can work on it as a team or as an individual. Your build should look like it took a month to make and it should follow the theme. You will be judged entirely by players. It is possible to be promoted with a contest build. Anyone of any rank above guest can play.

Rules are as follows:
    • Don't freak out if you don't win
    • Don't grief obviously
    • If you want promotions in a group build, have set areas in which each player builds
    • Don't copy (either your past builds or other's)
    To enter:
    1. Tell me you're going to participate by posting here
    2. Build something nice in the terrain world, in your apprentice plot, or in one of the contest apprentice plots at /warp Monthly
    3. Create a warp or ask an admin to create a warp to your build when you have finished
    4. (Optional but recommended) Take pictures of your build
    5. Post warp (mandatory) and pictures (optional) here if you took them
    Post in this thread to request a plot at /warp Monthly

After the contest ends, the thread will be locked and a poll will be created. Anyone can vote on the poll. The winner is the person with the most votes. When voting, you should judge builds by whether or not they adhere to the theme and then how visually appealing the build is.

Winner gets a free Steam game :D

The theme for this month is steampunk. The contest will run from Sunday, September 7th to Tuesday, October 7th.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  2. kmpurplekat

kmpurplekat Active Member VIP

Could I get a plot there? And can I add othes to it or is that something you have to do?

3. Navarog

You can add others as long as I make you a plot

You have a plot there now, just do /plotme home in the apprentice world

4. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Take it these have to be new builds?

(If not, I enter SteamTown!)

I_am_dropbear likes this.
  5. Yoyojoel

Yoyojoel New Member Creative Architect

lol legend, all new builds. i would enter aeroville lol

Navarog likes this.
  6. SimplyGreen03

SimplyGreen03 Member Creative Architect

I'm going to partake in this event. /warp SimpPunk

7. dragonhunter3036

dragonhunter3036 New Member

I would like to be a participant

8. I_am_dropbear

I_am_dropbear Active Member

I shall take part in this event of which you, Nava, hold so dearly. I shall build it in my Apprentice plot. However, there are a few issues of which I would like to ask you and acquire your wisdom specifically for this scenario. The main issue being whether the use of world edit is penalised, as I know it was during the old contests that A3 and Teh set up. Another question is, if we don't fill the plot completely, will we be persecuted? Or will we be judged on the skill of the particular area that is finished?
    Those we're my only two concerns. Thank you for holding such an amusing event.

9. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I would imagine that while WE would not be penalised, it would place you in an alternate category to those who are not. In the same way placing B2 builds up against those built by the best Arch's would be somewhat unfair (Generalisation, I know)

As for the filling up the plot (again, my understanding/opinion), it would be a matter of how well the rest of it is filled up. I know that for my build, I intend to make it in the sky (#Spoilers), and making it a perfect squared would be somewhat ugly.

Navarog likes this.
  10. Jojomojobfh

Jojomojobfh Member

I would like to request a plot.

11. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

Hmm. Will I be able to participate with singleplayer builds?

12. Navarog

Jojomojobfh Your plot is Monthly Plot II at /warp monthly

13. Navarog

Building with WE is fine, if there is a clear disparity between World Edited monthly builds and non World Edited monthly builds then separate polls will be made. How much of the plot you fill doesn't matter much, since it is possible to build in BII. Obviously, the more you build that is quality the better, but I'd rather you work on the detail of your build than the size of things.

14. PBJman2790

PBJman2790 New Member

I'll join in too...

15. kmpurplekat

kmpurplekat Active Member VIP

Soph and I decided that we probably shouldn't participate because were so busy with school, so we don't need out plot anymore. Sorry for the inconvience.
    (and the fact that we have no building skills)

16. yellowkid1

yellowkid1 New Member

Can I Get a plot? I don't really know what steampunk means but i wanna see how well i can do in the competition. :)

17. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

It's supposed to be an anachronistic amalgam of English Victorian period styles mixed with a gritty industrial revolution factories/machines. Think airships, steam engines, pneumatic devices, and mechanical contraptions with a lot of gears showing. Also, leather. Tons of leather. And goggles.

Navarog likes this.
  18. Navarog

19. yellowkid1

yellowkid1 New Member

I'm not able to play much, but i'll still do my best in the comp. I'm still in the comp

Navarog likes this.
  20. dragonhunter3036

dragonhunter3036 New Member

oops sorry, forgot to post in here. im participating at /warp dragonsp