This Week in ShadeCrest - 2014/10/24

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, Oct 24, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]
    Summary
    General - VIP Shop
    General - 1.8, lying in weight
    Creative - Contests scheduled every Thursday

General - VIP Shop
    imaxorz has been bringing up discussions recently with the staff on different temporary perks which can be bought by anyone through the shop. The server still needs money to continue in operation and needs to properly reward people who wish to donate. If you have ideas of things you'd like as temporary boosters or things (be it cosmetic or otherwise) let us know.

General - 1.8, lying in weight
    ezeiger92 has done a lot to support 1.8 on our 1.7.10 / 1.8 emulated environment. Unfortunately not everything is perfect and we are still waiting for an update in general for 1.8 for the entire modding community. We're constantly watching for news and updates and please know that as soon as we can we will get ShadeCrest updated to 1.8. As always, if you have feeback on the current status of 1.8 and where ShadeCrest stands, let us know.

Creative - Contests scheduled every Thursday
    Navarog has been working with the Creative staff to ensure that contest events on Creative have a schedule now. It should be consistently happening once a week now with a new time and day: Thursday from 4-7 PM EST. Please contact any of the Creative admins if you have any questions.

2. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Not too much of a busy week but still good

3. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Quite a few members believe there is not really much you can do for aesthetic customization, as we are not a "friggin minigame server". I think it'd be fun. Maybe use of /hat for any block held by the player (for no armor value, of course), a particle trail, some effect when you warp to/from places that replaces the smoke, a command that spawns a firework rocket (maybe sell more complex fireworks for VIPs in the voteshop). Those are a few ideas. Here are some more.
    Custom arrow trails (is that possible?) Different sounds that play when you die. Colored item names (which you guys said no to because those are for legendaries or something, but we can't get legendaries anymore, so I don't think it matters). Here's one I thought would be neat: custom kill messages. If it can be done, there would be options for messages that are shown when you kill someone, so instead of "X was slain by Y using diamond sword", it could be something like "X was bonked over the head by Y using the wrong side of diamond sword " or "Y dropped their diamond sword on X's toe". Okay, more ideas. Rainbow leather armor. Battlecries: noises that play when you kill another player. Mob disguises, like creative has (or used to have). Large mobs such as Wither, Ender Dragon, Giant, would not be part of this. Throwable effect bombs. They would not do damage, push players/mobs, destroy blocks, they'd just be aesthetic. Eggs, bricks, stuff like that would be things that VIP's could get a limited amount of at a time (Maybe a command that launches one in the direction a player is looking with a cooldown or something), and would do a small particle explosion on impact. Big enough to notice, but not big enough to block a player's vision if they get hit by one. Maybe they'd only be usable in PvE so PvPers could not abuse it's distractive power. I dunno, maybe all of them suck. Just thought they'd be cool.

4. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

This was a thing lol

5. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

epic_poke8 /hat would work, trailing particles would be more difficult (different api needed). Replacing the warp particles may be impossible. Special fireworks could work, but would be a bit of a pain to design in the first place. Arrow trails are not possible atm, and colored items names behave poorly with anvils. Custom death messages is doable, death cries/battle cries are doable, but rainbow armor ain't gonna happen. Too many updates to the player's armor. No to mob disguises and effect bombs, they give different gameplay.
    Sorry for rambling, still out of power and running on limited internet.

Mega_Spud and Slebert like this.
  6. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

I have an idea, maybe we can use /nick (and have it coloured)
    **EDIT**
    Coloured Chat!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  7. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

That wouldbe abused

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

ndvenckus1, Mega_Spud and Slebert like this.
  8. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Then they would be banned

Slebert likes this.
  9. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

ljstrings likes this.
  10. oiShocKWavesv

Spam kick should prevent that, or we could have a 5-10 second cool down on it? Pets have been suggested before this and I think they are a good idea :p

Mega_Spud likes this.
  11. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

Actually, is /kittycannon the same as effect bombs as mentioned by epic_poke8 ? I'm not sure how this would affect gameplay though.. esp if a cooldown was added, as you said oiShocKWavesv :D

12. epic_poke8

I was thinking that, but as rem said, it may be abused. Maybe if we could have staff approved tags in front of our names in a deignated color. That would prevent people from having [MOD} in front. They'd be fully custom, but staff would keep people from having profanities, false ranks, et cetera. They'd also have a character limit of say... 6?

13. GingerSwan

Not tags, I mean names. No mods would have "[VIP V] [MOD] Example" as a name, we'd still have the VIP tag. We would be able to /nick and the nick would be put after a tag.

14. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

What the hell that is never happening oh god my eyes.

15. oiShocKWavesv

But don't you think tab would be so purty? :3

GingerSwan likes this.
  16. GingerSwan

I said that we should prevent stuff like that. :)

17. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Pretty sure one of the only things max has ever been adamant about is no rainbow chat...

18. oiShocKWavesv

Still sad VIP lost local coloured chat

GingerSwan likes this.
  19. epic_poke8

GingerSwan, changing how the names look is not a good idea. Unless you could not change it to a taken name, a profanity, or something annoying (caps), things would be messy. Also, changing a name to the color that's already designated to a rank could be confusing.

20. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

I think Vip tags would would be fun Players could have fun customizing their [VipX] to something like [Cats] with mod approval etc with a single color (except red and blue) for the tag.