Feed The Best Update - MechanicalTitan

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, Nov 15, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Dynodamon has graciously researched a good 1.7.10 pack and updated the Feed the Beast server to get people back into it. Currently we are running a 3rd party pack, that's both an interesting mix of mods and amazingly stable. The the first 1.7.10 modpack on the FTB launcher with all the greatest released 1.7.10 mods.
    http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-public-mechanicaltitan-pack.48404/
    • Install and launch FTB Launcher (http://feed-the-beast.com/launcher)
    • Got "3rd Party Packs" Tab
    • Click "Pack Codes"
    • Use the name "MechanicalTitan"
    • Scroll down in the list on the left and you should see "Mechanical Titan (v2.1.16) ..."
    • In the top where it says "Recommended Version", change that to 2.0.16
    • Click Launch
    NOTE: The exact version we are running is subject to change as we update it server side

If you enjoy Sphax PureBD Craft, I have made a special combined mod pack compiled by hand (took several hours) using Sphax 128x for 1.7 and all the PureBD Craft addons for the various mods with their 1.7 versions. I will continue to maintain this pack as updates come out. Note that one of the most out of date packs is Thaumcraft (only textures for TC3). If you notice there is something missing from the pack, please let me know.
    128x - http://www.victorlaurence.com/minecraft/Sphax PureBDcraft 128x Mechanical Titan 2.1.16.zip
    64x - http://www.victorlaurence.com/minecraft/Sphax PureBDcraft 64x Mechanical Titan 2.1.16.zip

You can see me streaming with this pack at http://www.twitch.tv/cyberviclive

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    StephenP67, GingerSwan and Dynodamon like this.
  2. Darkraven87

Darkraven87 New Member

whats going on with version 2.1.16? i will see if i can help

3. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

Updated to MT 2.1.16 about 30 minutes ago. So far, so good. The pack is up and running smoothly. Having some new frame issues, but they might be coming from my end.

Here's a simplified change log.
    • Added Ender Zoo
    • Added Hardcore Ender Expansion
    • Added IC2 nuclear control
    • Added journey Map
    • Added MineMenu
    • Added Mob Lanterns
    • Added ThaumcraftGates
    • Updated 30+ mods

If you're having frame rate issues, consider downloading http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820. After installing it, my frame rate nearly doubled.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    Darkraven87 likes this.
  4. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

I try to connect to the server and I get bungee cord error?

5. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

ultimate.shadecrest.com

6. CyberVic

Updated original thread with a link to the 64x texture. Just finished uploading it so it should be available for everyone to enjoy.

7. Darkraven87

Darkraven87 New Member

hey guys we have just been informed that the nether is causing a crash you should be able to fix this by going into biomes o plenty config and change the wasp id to zero

GingerSwan likes this.
  8. CyberVic

Thank you much good sir. BTW love the bottom right hand corner of your avatar. I'm too lazy to modify mine, though I'm an active supporter. ;-)

Darkraven87 likes this.
  9. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

Darkraven, is there any information about the Wireless Access Terminal not linking to the Security Terminal in the latest build?
    I made a WAT and tried to link it, but it didn't work, I tried to see if maybe i needed an uncharged one, so I made a new one, but still didn't work. Any information would be of great help.

10. Darkraven87

Darkraven87 New Member

its cool man. and yea i have been somewhat a silent supporter of it.
    yea im looking into that i dont know whats going on there and with xmas coming up and family stuff i really have 0 time at the moment but i'm trying the best i can :)

11. Darkraven87

Darkraven87 New Member

if anybody has the time or wants to do so im looking for some pre release testers for this pack to find bugs etc as the work load has got more intense for me and brizzle if anybody has that sort of time and are use to the majority of the mods in the pack please inbox me it would really take this pack further than it is now to have some reliable testers there will only be limited testers so in the inbox could you state your amount of realistic spare time access to server and the mods you are advanced in all this will help me figure the people i need thanks for any interest

12. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

I went looking for what FTB had running and found this wasn't on the official ftb forums which made me look extra hard for it

EDIT
    • did you mean 2.1.16 because the only one closest on my list is 2.0.15

13. Gods__Hand

Gods__Hand New Member

finally found the right page.. I hope..

I have been following old guides on how to get on so they did not work... hopefully il be in soon :)

Mega_Spud likes this.
  14. BurningIce2

BurningIce2 Active Member VIP

I'll be getting on around end January, would be nice to get Circles, Inc. back together again :)

In an avalanche, not one snowflake feels responsable.
    -Voltaire, during the French Revolution.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  15. Gods__Hand

Gods__Hand New Member

still not working.

typed "MechanicalTitan" in 3rd party pack codes.
    modpack reads "MechanicalTitan (v2.2.17) minecraft version 1.7.10"
    selected the mod pack and changed the version from recommended to 2.1.16 .
    hit launch. connected to ultimate.shadecrest.com and got a massive list of mods that were rejected.

I am now trying other versions. Is this the correct mod pack?

The correct version is 2.2.17 instead of 2.1.16 or recommended. it works for me now. yay! :D

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    Archenemy666 likes this.
  16. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

If I can get my computer running it properly, then Circle's Inc will definitely be making a comeback.

Been feeling a bit nostalgic about all the stuff in ftb.

BurningIce2 likes this.
  17. BurningIce2

BurningIce2 Active Member VIP

i'll be getting a laptop soon, don't know if it will be powerful enough for FTB though....

18. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

Ima try to join you

19. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

May have to wait a while for me to get on proper.

My computer has 8GB RAM, and the menu screen for MechanicalTitan uses like 6GB, world gen uses around 6.8, and I'd hate to go into an industrial area.

20. Gods__Hand

Gods__Hand New Member

I only have 8GB RAM and it runs decent. The biggest problem is getting on if it is night. I insta died several times to mobs. Here is a small example of what you get to run from every night lol.

Also, it should be noted that the only way to get any usable tools is by using Tinkers' Construct. Starting with flint tools and working your way up to better tools takes some time, but can be fun as well.

anybody deciding to get on is welcome, and I am not apposed to giving a little assistance.