Ideas to Increase Voting

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by bkoch5, Dec 2, 2014.

?

If some of the features were added, would you vote more often?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

50.0%
  1. bkoch5

bkoch5 Active Member VIP

Regards to voting, and its rewards

I am very glad I was able to make it in the top 3 for votes this month, but it does take a lot of time to make it happen.. I also noticed that the vote turn out was down ~14%, which isn't bad, but I want to see it up 20%+. Here are some of my ideas that I hope to see implemented to a point.

Contests:
    This is a great addition to the server, I love that the top players get both recognized and rewarded for the month, very appropriate, I don't think much could be done here to make it better, perhaps just more coverage and announcements for the event. Possibly change the rewards every now and then. (1/2 rupies 1/2 items)

For instance, make the rewards more item based, these items will have less of an impact on the economy than giving out a ton of rupies to the winner. 7.5k is a good amount, but could be lowered, and in its place items added.

Rewards:
    To my understanding, for each vote a player gets 1VP, and a chance of getting another item. This system is great, but I do think there should be more variety in the rewards.

InGame Voteshop:
    The voteshop is another great feature to the server, but it definitely needs more to it, as we all already know. I assume there are ideas floating around that may or may not be added to the plugin in the near future, but here are some of my ideas that I hope will be taken into consideration.

I hope these ideas will help to make the voting even better for the server!

Thank you all for your time.

GingerSwan and Mega_Spud like this.
  2. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

Exchanging rupies FOR vote points doesn't make them vote points now does it?

I like some of these ideas, but maintain voting as the only way to acquire vote points.

ndvenckus1 likes this.
  3. bkoch5

bkoch5 Active Member VIP

These are just ideas, but yeah, the whole votepoints exchange thing was just a MINOR idea that I added in the END. So do any of these strike as a good idea?? If so we should be talk about the good ideas that could possibly be incorporated. I hope some more staff comment on what they think could be added. Its been here for a couple days now, and voting is a major part of a server.

Thank you for your time.

4. SpaceCadetKevin

Beacons are also a prize already. I've won three.

I like the idea of adding bottles o enchanting to the vote shop, but that could clash with the double xp perk a bit.

5. bkoch5

bkoch5 Active Member VIP

hmm, perhaps. I think that the mcmmo xp would be a great addition, I think it would be fairly simple with using mcmmo commands. Also need to figure out to make it so new players have more of an incentive to vote, or at least have easy access to voting when on the server, such as link that pops up in their chat or something once they completed the quiz.

EDIT: You won 3 beacons from voting! I haven't recieved any beacons from voting, and I vote everyday.. That's weird, but I do think that if you can get 3 beacons from voting it's a little too op. Also the number of diamonds also needs to be cut back a little, I voted 7 times today, and got 22 diamonds. Obviously I like that, but it might start to ruin the fragile economy.

6. SpaceCadetKevin

Mcmmo xp is also available through the vote shop...

As for the beacons I won... That was over the course of three to four months. They are the rarest items and I haven't heard of anyone getting one in a while.

Edit: Pretty sure the link for the voting page pops up in chat at regular intervals throughout the day as an announcement. The idea to display it upon completion of the quiz isn't a bad idea though I think it might already be something that happens.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  7. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

My power's out right now and I don't feel like attempting a long post on my phone, but you can expect me to respond later on when I get the chance.

8. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Not XP multipliers, raw xp that you add to one of your skills. I think the command is something like /redeem <skill> <amount>

bkoch5 likes this.
  9. SpaceCadetKevin

Something about that just doesn't taste right.

10. bkoch5

bkoch5 Active Member VIP

Idk if the cmd should be a redeem one, but something automatic. Like you have the chance at getting 2000exp in, woodcutting for instance, and each separate skill has its own chance at getting the 2k exp, but its random so people can't pick where it goes.

EDIT: It doesn't have to be 2k exp, but whatever you guys would think to be the best.

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  11. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

First off, I really appreciate the input :D Getting quality input is often the most difficult task when it comes to things like this. Now, for my response:
    • There definitely isn't going to be a conversion from rupies to VP, or anything to VP for that matter. It defeats the purpose of having a currency earned from voting.
    • The probability of getting various items from the lottery can be viewed with the "votelottery" command; I really don't think they're too high. Statistically, you have a 0.1% chance of getting a beacon with each vote. So, statistically, assuming 7 votes a day and 30 days in a month, it will take the average person almost 5 months of straight voting to get a beacon. Space is just a lucky bastard :p With all the people voting, we're bound to have some occurrences like this.
    • I don't think I like the idea of rewarding McMMO skill experience for voting. The whole point of the plugin is to reward people based on actions taken in the game and to encourage competition among players. I like the vote shop perk because it gives you a temporary competitive edge but still makes you work for experience. Giving direct experience to players without them doing anything goes against the spirit of the plugin, I believe.
    • Currently, all the items in the vote shop are set up as perks activated for a duration of time; you don't buy items directly from the shop. Though, I suppose I could add certain items that are available for purchase at a lower cost than what's typical of rupies in order to increase voting incentive, if that's determined to be a good idea.
    • Changing contest rewards is certainly an option if people would rather have items.
    • Adding some variety to the vote lottery is probably a good idea; the items can get stale after a while.