New ShadeCrest Promo

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by bkoch5, Dec 11, 2014.

1. bkoch5

bkoch5 Active Member VIP

ShadeCrest Promo
    I want to make another ShadeCrest promo, yes, another one. The first one was mainly just for fun, but the second one I put a lot more work and effort into it. However, after watching it a few times I do see some errors that I made, some minor, and some major xD surprised no one said anything.. (I left out creative on the server slide xD... oops.)

Planning
    This time I want to take ideas from everyone. Last time I asked a few people what they liked/didn't like about the first one I made. I want everyone who wants to help, and have ideas to make a comment below in this format:
    Note: Your idea can include a short story, having one within a promo makes things more interesting, or simply just a character the video follows. These can include links to skins that the actor/actress will wear. Also add a timeline of what happens in your idea/story 1st.. 2nd.. and so on.

I will consider all of these ideas myself and will start working on the video when I feel like I have gathered enough ideas. :D (~1week) hopefully before Christmas!

Be descriptive & have plenty of details!!
    Thank you!

GingerSwan and Mega_Spud like this.
  2. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Maybe you could slow mo some pvp battle?

How about another epic slow mo scene where you get as many people as you can to ride past on decked out horses, maybe followed by someone on a pig for comic effect.

Battling zombie hordes?

bkoch5, GingerSwan and Mega_Spud like this.
  3. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

bkoch5 I can get behind this. I'll set up some special thing (flight, invisible, ...) for filming when an admin is watching over you. Weather changes might also be possible.

Mega_Spud, bkoch5 and GingerSwan like this.
  4. bkoch5

bkoch5 Active Member VIP

Nice! Thank you guys! I think a slow mo pvp battle would be epic! Also I want to attempt to keep this one under 2minutes, I think that is best for promo videos.

EDIT: The only issue with me recording people, is that 90% of the time my internet is complete crap so I would have to record either super early or super late. EST. I probably will record starting the 20th since I have to take some tests this weekend.. but keep the ideas flowing!

5. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

My suggestion is to try to make sure to highlight the plugins we have on the server in your promo video. The thing that makes different Minecraft servers stand out from one another is A. plugins and B. examples of how the playerbase makes use of them. Also make sure to point out interesting things which makes our server different just by design (ex. make a point to point out Mining world as a feature). Here are our McForums official advertisements if you want to draw from them for inspiration.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-shadecrest-survival-mcmmo-dungeons-phatloots
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...adecrest-creative-ranks-worldedit-voxelsniper

Clearly separate Creative and Survival in the video. Advertise one, then the other. It makes the video cohesive. Speak to the merits of one, then the other. Different players are interested in different things and a survival player may barely pay attention to the creative stuff, but really want to look at the survival part under a microscope.

Other things worth showing definitely is spawn areas we're proud of and most of all try to get video of the players playing. For creative that could be 2-3 people collabroatively building sometime (show a timelapse at like 3-5 times speed can really be cool). On survival if you want to include our Auction in the promo, take some video footage of the weekend auctions. If you want to advertise events, show people doing the events like glass cage. If PvP, show like a raid on a town from the perspective of an attacker, then from the perspective of the defenders.

Many of these scenes you might need to "stage" in a way to get the effect right, but at least attempting. I'm sure a lot of people are happy to volunteer time to help standin for stuff.

Like Erik said, if you need help with flight, god mode or anything during recording, let us know.

EDIT: Also I would say make the credits take longer / text slower or something. It's hard to read without pausing and going back over and over.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    Mega_Spud and bkoch5 like this.
  6. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

This will be great, and great suggestions so far! (I love time lapse mc builds)

Maybe a highlight of the mcmmo features would be good, showing how we can compete to level up, and also party? That can be appealing!

I'm happy to help out when you're on Koch, being GMT based, that might work well for lag free filming times :D

bkoch5 likes this.
  7. bkoch5

bkoch5 Active Member VIP

Yeah sorry I haven't been on survival much :'( trying to complete a creative build. Also I might try to make some sets in creative since I don't lag as bad there (sets that look like they belong on the survival world). I'll edit this post on Sunday with the ideas I have so far along with the ones that have been/will be mentioned. Have a test Saturday.. Lovely ACT...

8. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

IGN: TheTechGeek245
    Mood: amazed
    Ideas/Story: fireworks
    Locations: TechTower

Comments: good idea but you would have to wait 9-17 days

bkoch5 likes this.
  9. bkoch5

bkoch5 Active Member VIP

The only downside to this (besides the time) is my internet :( I'm afraid fireworks would be laggy xD But it would be epic! I'll consider it though