ATTENTION: Space Engineers, please name your ships and stations

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, Jan 13, 2015.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Please make sure to name your ships and stations. Do so in the ship interface, naming the antenna is not enough. Make sure the registered name is something other than Small Ship / Large Ship / Platform and a number. Especially if it's a prefab ship, please rename from the original name.

There apparently is a massive bug in the garbage collection and since we started up the worlds apparently ZERO garbage collection has occurred. All cargo ships and exploration ships have been disabled and I'm manually going through the world file and deleting them. We had something like 671 ships / platforms that existed on the server, a lot of them having velocity, a lot colliding with each other with spawned ships spawning inside one another. This is what has been killing the Sim speed on the server.

If I accidentally delete one of your ships I apologize. This is a massive undertaking to save the map. I am focused right now on the modded / hostile server. If people want I can do this same task on the unmodded / safe server. For the time being for the server's sake I have turned off that server so I can clean them up one at a time.

I will post on this thread as things progress. Already been at this for several hours.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  2. CyberVic

Update @ 3:45AM - Ok guys. Finished with the cleanup. There's still some odd corrupt / weird ships that were spawned by the exploration ships engine. Only a handful of them. Down to around 67 real ships. A lot better than the 671 earlier. If I accidentally nuked one of your ships, let me know the name and I will extract it from the backup before I started the cleanup, then I can paste it into the world for you as a prefab. Let me know the name of the ship as that is the only way I will be able to find it from the backup.

Sim speed has improved from the abysmal / unplayable .3 to now a 1.0. Enjoy!

I will keep an eye out for if / when they fix the issues with exploration / cargo ships not getting cleaned up and will re-enable them when everything appears to be stable again. Worldfile is still 36MB because of the sheer number of asteroids you folks have spawned. Please try to limit your exploration to a reasonable area. Use the waypoint system for saving known locations of ore.

3. CyberVic

Cleaned up the weird ghost ships. Server should be totally stable for now.

4. Thoddius

Thoddius New Member

Thanks for the clean up. Looking forward to Medieval Engineers.

Mega_Spud and GingerSwan like this.
  5. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

Same, it looks amazing.

6. CyberVic

Trying to do the cleanup on the unmodded server, but it's been quite frustrating. That server seems in much worse shape.

7. CyberVic

8. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Make a skittles ship CV lol

9. CyberVic

Ok bad news guys.

Even though I have disabled cargo ships, exploration ships continue to spawn.

I'm having to spend 4-5 hours every 2-3 days cleaning up the server to keep the sim speed from being total shit. There is nothing I can do to stop this. KSH has to fix it. For now PLEASE refrain from doing a large amount of exploring.