Shade Crest ((VOTE))

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by joker1266, Jan 16, 2015.

1. joker1266

joker1266 New Member

So as I was thinking I need a vote on this from everyone! I think it's a good idea to have a way to link our in game activity of how many hours we have played over the course of a month, and will reset midnight EST of the beginning of every month. But the top 3,5,and 10 get a reward! Top 3 get 5 diamond, top 4 and 5 get 3 diamond, and from a list from 10th to 6th place get 10 iron ingot! This gets to bring in our competition and to show our graditute to server owner imaxorz how much we are active and enjoy this server. To vote type /sign for this idea to take flight into possible consideration! Thank You!!!

2. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

Hey Joker, it's nice you're thinking how to encourage more gameplay at ShadeCrest.

You might be interested to know that CyberVic has already put together a page where we can view the compiled players stats, including monthly playtime! http://mc.shadecrest.com/MCStats/top.php

As for competition, as you probably know we have a monthly voting contest where the players with the most votes for ShadeCrest are rewarded, and the votes cast actually help the servers advertising listings.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  3. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

10 Iron is kind of a joke...

THEdeadRETURNED and Rem like this.
  4. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

I think this will be the only time I'll ever agree with ginger

GingerSwan likes this.
  5. joker1266

joker1266 New Member

Well it was an idea, and I know in the past Max was not wanting to make major modifications where players get a lot more then other people. If you play and are more active you get more then someone else. It's competition!

6. joker1266

joker1266 New Member

I looked at this yesterday as I see how unorganized it is and sloppy it's set up. The idea I had would only be a link and only show a Monthly list of top 10 players. Once someone steps over you your name will disappear if you are at he bottom and move down or up if you get high or low. Just like the list of /mctop list in game.

7. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

In the past Max was also active in the community. Just handing out free stuff to the top players is not a good way of maintaining interest, and you can get more diamonds/iron from 1 week of voting than through this system. We would be better off implementing more ways to get rupees on the server, and then making a very addictive (no idea what) thing that drains rupies away.

/ontime top 10. There is an option for months, but I don remember it. Don't see why we need a website for it.

Mega_Spud likes this.
  8. GingerSwan

ShadeTokens.

9. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

No....nononoon...nono please god no I like my money

10. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Not so addicting, but here's an idea I was throwing around on survival the other day.

So, in essence, it's the events/minigames except player run, and with a smaller payout. 3 people want to play against eachother, they all put into the pot (metaphor, I mean like a central pool of money), event runs, then money is payed out to the winner. So, say if it was a race, then first person to trigger the end event gets the payout.

Min buy in would be like 50r or more, i.e. however much a vote to two costs. All the players don't have to put in the same amount, but the highest bid can't be more than 5x the lowest (can be altered, but that sounded good in my head).

It won't drain the pockets of the 1% of the server, but it has the potential to bring a new dimension of healthy competition, and maybe boost traffic in the spawn (#2k15 resolution)

11. ezeiger92

And when was the last time anybody cared about ShadeTokens?
    That might be workable.

Legend9468 likes this.
  12. GingerSwan

When there was legendaries.

13. joker1266

joker1266 New Member

I agree with you. So, top 3 get 7,000 rupies and 3 diamond, 5 and 6 get 5,500, and 7,8,9,10 get 3,500 rupies sound more reasonable with everyone?

14. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

That's alot of money getting passed around, which is 46,450 r (I counted the diamonds)

15. joker1266

joker1266 New Member

it would be a monthly count not a weekly.

16. GingerSwan

still
    3 months could start a town AND a nation

Rem likes this.
  17. ezeiger92

If you are suggesting giving legendaries away again, piss off, that is not happening.
    If you are just responding to my *rhetorical question* to be an ass, piss off, you're annoying.

18. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]

ezeiger92 likes this.
  19. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

You pretty much get rewarded for ontime anyway just by actually playing the game. You can collect or produce whatever you need and as a bonus you level up your MCMMO skills for better returns.

There's also some pretty hefty voting rewards as Mega_Spud mentioned so if you vote regularly you can try your luck there and help raise the server's profile to bring in more players.

Mega_Spud and GingerSwan like this.