Enchant Ideas

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by epic_poke8, Jan 19, 2015.

1. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

A few enchantments that'd be cool.

Pierce: A bow enchantment that gives a 5% chance to ignore armor per level, goes up to III.
    Impale: Exactly like the one above, but for swords.
    Reap: For hoes, when crops are broken, gives +2 of that crop per level, up to III. (Break a sugarcane at lv. III, get 7 sugarcane)
    Vampiric: Sword enchantment. For every level up to V, 10% of damage dealt is converted into health.
    Quicknock: Enchantment for bows that increases the speed an arrow is drawn by 10% per level, up to III.
    Singularity: For chestplates, attracts dropped items +2m away for every level up to II.
    Stamina: For leggings, reduces all hunger consumed by 50% per level, up to I.
    Regeneration: Any armor can have this. While worn, regenerates +1 health (half a heart) per 3 seconds per level, up to III. (1 and a half hearts regenerated every 3 seconds.) This does not override full hunger bar regeneration or the regeneration potion effect.

GingerSwan likes this.
  2. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Neato ideas.

Another one could be

Padding: Reduces knockback from weapon hits. 20% reduction for I, then 40%, 60%, etc.

3. epic_poke8

But that's already in the game with commands. Attributes I think they were called, one is for damage (all tools other than Flint and Steel, and Shears have this), one is for knockback resistance, one increases or decreases movement speed, and the last one gives extra health. They only work when the item is worn or in the players hand.

4. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

I've always wanted a hoe enchant that instead of tilling (i think that's the word) one dirt, it does like 2 or 4 or something

THEdeadRETURNED and epic_poke8 like this.
  5. BurningIce2

BurningIce2 Active Member VIP

How about shotbow?
    This, of course, is for bows, and you can shoot multiple arrows at the same time in a small area (1 more arrow per level up to level V?)

In an avalanche, not one snowflake feels responsable.
    -Voltaire, during the French Revolution.

6. Legend9468

Antigravity? For a bow, higher the level, the less a shot will drop (I = slightly less, V = doesn't drop)

epic_poke8 and BurningIce2 like this.
  7. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

Interesting ideas... Now does anyone have a plugin in mind?

8. epic_poke8

Wait, you mean this stuff may actually be possible with plugins?

9. epic_poke8

I think that it should reduce drop by 20% each level and go up to IV, so only commands can get one with no drop *cough* legendaries *cough*

10. Legend9468

This is more of an "Things that would be cool and Mojang should consider", rather than a "Pls add these to SC" kinda of thread SCKevin

11. epic_poke8

If only Mojang would consider new enchants... that quickdraw enchant has been asked for since bows needed to be pulled back.

12. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

You know I'm sure they'd be happy to add those new enchants as like a paid for DLC for the XBox version.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  13. epic_poke8

14. Legend9468

Hehe. Wouldn't paid dlc be in direct violation of their own EULA? Specifically the part which states that all players get the same stuff without having to pay.

White writing
    ( and yes. I realise that Mojang owns the EULA and they can change it at whim)

15. epic_poke8

I don't think Mojang would do that. They've been pretty lenient for player made things, including mods, so adding paid DLC would probably be a step backwards.

But then again, Mojang does not seem to like being known for Minecraft.

16. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

You forgetting something epic?

17. epic_poke8

Doesn't jeb still work on it?

18. CyberVic

A. It's an End User Licence Agreement, they are the publisher and can change it any time they want.
    B. They can break their own EULA because they aren't end users, again they are the publisher and the agreement doesn't apply to them.
    C. Regardless, PC EULA is different than the XBox EULA
    D. They do this already, you can pay for skins and such and other DLC pay for features on XBox.
    E. The only reason for that EULA revision is because of how copyright law works. If you don't challenge or prevent people from making money off selling features on your game you in some ways loose some control over your own intellectual property and the ability to do that very thing, charging people for addon features.

So yeah...

Also it's Microsoft who will milk every dollar possible out of Minecraft.

19. Legend9468

This may come as a surprise, but I occasionally make jokes.

20. CyberVic

And when I'm stressed @ work, I clearly don't notice jokes. lolz

Mega_Spud likes this.