Creative revival Ideas

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by bobbylou4, Feb 22, 2015.

1. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Not true.

[​IMG]

Mega_Spud likes this.
  2. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Fair enough then Ndv, I never actually read that part of the EULA myself :)

3. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I'm going to try and keep this going, but it's kinda hard thinking of things, any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated. On the topic of reconfiguring the rank system, I believe some of the ranks (If not all of them) should have a specific kind of build requirement, for example, lets say for builder I you choose use a color palate created by the staff, this way the builder would learn how to build with different blocks, different techniques, and give a challenge. I'm not suggesting this becomes the main build in order to rank up, but more or less a side project.I guess you could even combine it with the main project, but I like the idea of having two separate build. Other rank requirements I can think of would be Terrain, team builds, organics (tree's and statues, perhaps should be paired with terrain). I honestly can't think of anymore. good night, let me know what you think.

If anybody wants to discuss the issue of the number or ranks, purpose and perhaps even names, have at it.

4. Legend9468

So kinda like having you main build for showing your ability, then a final test before ranking up?

I would structure it something like.

Guest - B1: None here, encourage people to join

B1 - B2: Assuming we keep this, I would set this as a colour palette test.

B2 - App: Terraforming, type of terraforming chosen at random.

App - Arch: Organics or Sculpting. A useful skill, and if the Archs are going to be the best of the best, then they should be able to at least do simple Organics.

As is seen, all of these are simple tests, so as not to degenerate from the experience as a whole. Maybe have these tests on display as well? Completed tests are kept upon inspection, and failed ones are deleted immediately, and a new subject is chosen, I mean, it is a test afterall.

bobbylou4 likes this.
  5. SimplyGreen03

SimplyGreen03 Member Creative Architect

To be honest I feel like we should just let builders do what they want with the colors that they have...

If we choose them a color palette, it should be during a competition. Set up a random block number (full blocks) generator of some sort and then have all competitors build with what they got. This way it would be more challenging and also more fun.

DeeeezNutz and THEdeadRETURNED like this.
  6. Legend9468

I should also clarify then, that when I made my suggestion, I meant it to be on something no larger than a guest plot.

Anything that takes you more than an evening would be too large, with the exception of the Organics section.

As for responding directly to your comment Simp. Most of the tests suggested are skills that some people already find lacking, and therefore this could be a way to teach them that without having to have an another person stand directly over their shoulder.

7. Legend9468

Also, anyone got anything against the friendly build islands thing I mentioned on the first page? It seems to be a popular suggestion, and if we can finalise a half dozen things on this thread, then we should be sweet.

bobbylou4 likes this.
  8. SimplyGreen03

The islands would be a great addition ;)

9. qb10panther

qb10panther Member

So just a quick idea of things everyone can agree on:

Build Points
    Community Build Islands
    Harder Ranking
    New Plot Sizes
    Remove the Terrain World
    • There would be a freebuild terrain world, however, you cannot rank off builds here

If anyone has anything to say about these please do

10. qb10panther

qb10panther Member

Also, what does everyone think about a new creative spawn and new names for the ranks?

SimplyGreen03 likes this.
  11. Navarog

Navarog Well-Known Member

A new spawn would be swell and more fun names for ranks would be nice. We should think of a theme though.

12. Legend9468

Not sure how to do it, but maybe something to play on the server's name? (Shadecrest)

Like, a hill with an enchanted forest.

13. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

Still a play on that idea, a valley half covered by the shadow of a crescent moon?
    Or even a floating island with a crescent shape cut out from the middle of it.

14. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

We have a unique server name that doesn't sound terrible and doesn't mean anything. Great for identifying a community, not great for directing design. Usually you would start a project, and once you know where it's heading, give a suitable name. Think of Hypixel trying to make 8bit art up in the sky (because high-pixel). That doesn't give you enough freedom to create something cool, and if you somehow manage, nobody but you will get the reference to the server's name.

Pick a theme, make a build, do creative stuff. "ShadeCrest" is not a theme.

bobbylou4 likes this.
  15. Legend9468

Nonetheless, it's still given us a start.
    The suggestions by myself and Water are builds in themselves, and would suit fine. As I've said multiple times, it's good to get the ball rolling.

16. Legend9468

Not sure how popular this suggestion will be, but do redstone and pixel art really get used?

Imo, it would make more sense just to have the flat half of the pixel world for redstone and the 3d stuff; and maybe also have another wall (So, another wall coming off from spawn), for the free builds that people seem oh so fond of doing in that world. A sketchbook section of the world if you will.

17. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

The most time I've spent on Creative is in Redstone world.

18. Navarog

Navarog Well-Known Member

Redstone isn't used by many players but the few players we've had who do like redstone use it almost exclusively. The same goes for pixelart. I think the pixelart/organics world is good to have as well, as it gives a flat place with permissions for BI+ that is easy for OPs to manipulate with world guard to create things like the contests area, and also is full of organics and pixelart.

We should probably clear the pixelart wall regularly, archive the pixelart on the walls (doesn't take much space), and put the best pixelart on some other "featured" wall. We could then allow guests to build on the pixelart wall. It's pretty silly to expect someone to build something worth BI (especially if we're making being promoted harder), to then go and create pixelart. It seems like generally, people who want to do pixelart do only pixelart, get pissed at admins for not being promoted for it, then quit without getting BI.

19. dragonhunter3036

dragonhunter3036 New Member

I think bII should be called Engineer or Artisan, maybe Inventor or Constructor

20. SimplyGreen03

Maybe we should create a whole new ranking system for pixel artists and redstone users.
    We would just have to create a new world like the one we have now for redstoen, but for pixel art instead of just having a wall.
    *JUST AND IDEA*