This Week in ShadeCrest! - May 15, 2015

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by ezeiger92, May 15, 2015.

1. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

[​IMG]
    Summary:
    • Survival - LWC Region locking
    • Survival - Mechanics tutorial
    • Survival - Emote VIP perk
    • Survival - UUID updates
    • Survival - Dynmap shadows
    • Survival - Monument dungeon
    • Space Engineers - Plugin Refresh

Survival - LWC Region locking
    Brand new LWC feature: Locking regions! If you place a sign on a diamond block and lock it, there will be a 9x9x9 region protected around the block! Using cmodify to add players to the sign allows them to build in the region. Similarly an emerald block will protect a 7x7x7 region. The blocks sit at the center-bottom of this region, so you don't need visible gem blocks everywhere to protect a build. To see an example of this region, check out the second floor of /warp Museum. Speaking of...

Survival - Mechanics tutorial
    There is a brand new /warp Museum, which will stand as a demo/tutorial room for all non-vanilla mechanics our server has to offer. There is still more to add, as well as better instructions for creating the CraftBook features (lift, bridge, gate, etc), but it is all working well enough. Come check it out!

Survival - Emote VIP perk
    Just a little fun for donors, they can use special emotes in chat to really express how they feel.
    * ezeiger92 throws a hard drive out the window
    ;)
    See main post here

Survival - UUID updates
    We are slowly shrinking the list of plugins that still use names rather than uuids.
    • Ban management: Our banning system, which currently doesn't work with the website. Sorry ^^.
    • CraftConomy: Economy plugin replacing iConomy. All accounts have been migrated and the commands are identical, so it should feel pretty much the same.
    • MyWarp: Beta build supporting uuids. The main change is /warp <purchase|move|cost> and /shop <list|register|unregister> support the new database now, so they work again!
    • LWC: Discounts work again, so the first 2 chest locks for any player are free!

Survival - Dynmap shadows
    Dynmap hiding has changed a bit, players can no longer /hide to be invisible. Instead, if you are far enough away from sunlight (skylight level 4 and below), you will automatically vanish from the map!

Survival - Monument dungeon
    The monument has been updated, and no longer has the flat sand floor at the bottom. In the future, we will add more debris to the mix, but for now it looks much better. Bring your depth strider boots and water breathing potions to see /warp Monument! (fair warning, it is a pvp dungeon)

Space Engineers - Plugin Refresh
    There has been a massive plugin refresh on the Creative and Survival servers. After discussing an issue with Dark Biomech, apparently plugins download on the server, but never update (like they do for clients). I have a process now for this not being an issue going forward, but basically I had to do a mass refresh of all plugins because some where misbehaving. Particular Darth Biomech's Cryopods for example should be working again. His hydroponics might be something worth investigating as well. Also added a few more plugins by request. Next week I will begin re-evaluating skins and animations we've had in the past to see if they have been updated for the new models. Finally, I have done the Friday update, but I'm going out of town this weekend so hopefully there isn't another update because I will be away from computers for 4 days (returning Monday afternoon).

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
    smallfryz, epic_poke8 and Beocca like this.
  2. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

:cool::D

follow the buzzards...Don't be afraid, let's go