Player damage turned off on SE survival?

Discussion in 'Requests / Reports' started by Lothaar, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Lothaar

Lothaar Member VIP

Can not suicide or take any damage from collision, oxygen loss, welder, nothing. Might be a server setting accidentally got ticked on/off.

2. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Maybe a bug with yesterday's patch? I'll check it out.

Looks like a hotfix today. Applying. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

3. Lothaar

Lothaar Member VIP

I just logged in and still not able to suicide and no damage from helmet off no oxygen or collisions, welder grinder etc. Player is not able to be damaged in any way

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  4. Lothaar

Lothaar Member VIP

and still an average of .4 sim for last week and this week. It is a smooth .4 very playable, but no matter alone in space or on a complex grid, its always around .4

5. Lothaar

Lothaar Member VIP

I have logged into 6 different 50-100 man servers pinging between 50-100ms that are running 70 or more mods. The average sim was almost always around .9-1.0 in empty space and in complex areas. Some servers were indistinguishable from single player mode.

So possibly a mod or mod combination is the issue or random stuff on the map, I know this reset is not that old so random stuff in space should be fairly low. I am happy to help try to figure out what is going on; I am looking now on the topic of general low sim to see what others have found out.

I see some reports of auto removal of junk not working...

Also reports of tons of span and ai ships stacking up but i think you have all ai spawns turned off...

Another report about bug with map size causing low sim...

6. Lothaar

Lothaar Member VIP

more reports of going into SE tool box and seeing lots of crap that just needed removal.

almost all proposed solutions are either map size related or number of objects related.