Balancing Out The Economy

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Moeps2, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirrur

Mirrur Member

Gold and diamond stocks would be fun.

2. olliestottle

olliestottle Guest

Who is being greedy and how? Why are you accusing others of being short sighted and relating it to their personal life when you know knowing of it. How does common sense = taxes? You say it's simple (relative to what?) yet many developed countries are facing economic collapse. The only one with a problem is you Colonel. Kindly take your head out of the sand and talk to others with respect.

3. ThisDudeRiteHere

ThisDudeRiteHere Member VIP

I really like this. I think no more debate about this, this is what should be charged.

When will this happen? And can we use all our protections now before the price on them?

Sounds good.

I like it :D

4. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

right when i saw those prices for warp i was thinking great! this will allow money to flow.

i also like that server projects will buy resources from players, at least some of them, thus stimulating the economy. but at least money will flow around in the game, i guess losing 1% is livable,

a quickly made spread sheet says that a person with 100,000 rupies after one month of not selling or buying anything (no voting, money in or jack all) will be down to 73,230ish rupies. which is not too bad, considering almost none of us have that much money... top 6 excluded...

5. olliestottle

olliestottle Guest

/warp mining 500r!?!? noooooooo where am I suppose to dump my trash now? lmao I give out a lot good stuff there. Last night I gave away 9 buckets. And these aren't just any buckets, they were filled.

6. pyro5050

Ollie, use /warp mineco

i am building some more structures in the area soon, this will hopefully encourage more people to come out and use services.

7. olliestottle

olliestottle Guest

I visited MineCo and read the thread about it. This looks just like the situation with the marketplace and the mall. Two services competing but for what purpose? Why should I go to MineCo over the mining world? Why go to either? I hope you reconsider the 500r warp fee to the mining world. A fee will discourage players from mining resources in the mining world and encourage them to dig nasty holes in our pristine nature biome.

I've only been playing minecraft for about a week but as far as I can tell everything is self sustainable. I don't need MineCo or the pickaxes being sold there. Why sell my blocks to you? Why not resell them in the marketplace or the free mall? See how it all goes in circles? Shadecrest has a good foundation but it lacks direction and is caught in a roundabout.

8. olliestottle

olliestottle Guest

It is my understanding that I can /warp mineco for free, mine everything I might need for building and sell the pieces I don't.

Why would a player warp to the mining world (500r) instead of MineCo?

9. olliestottle

olliestottle Guest

Okay I get it now :)

10. macbad123

macbad123 New Member

cuz mining world gets you resorces and mineco sell and buys tools and resorces

11. Grimborn

Grimborn New Member

My idea of balancing the economy(from what i read since i dont have a premium account with minecraft yet) is that there is truly no great way to "fix" it. But a start will to be having to increase taxes based on town size, have high tax rates on the greedy, possibly drop the gold ingot price or have it fluctuate based on amount being sold(ex : current price:100, if 5 are sold within X amount of time Current price - 5(X)(subquote: i took this idea from Sins of a Solar Empire) Introduce individual property taxes(ex: Player X has 15x20 blocks claimed. Price per block claimed would be X(set by admins based on land available in the area) X(15x20)= M ) And thats about all of my current ideas.

12. subwayis666

subwayis666 Member

if u make it cost money for the main warps like spawn and all of them, the new (yellow name'd) ppl need not to have those intill they're green because they wouldnt have enough money.

13. olliestottle

olliestottle Guest

That was my worry too Subway as I am a yellow name. I have a family to feed and support dammit! Really, I despise this new charge on the mining world because mining is half the game. Mining is the work portion of the game yet I am paying to work? Uhh doesn't sit well with me. I would rather have my gold ingots sell for 20r than pay for that blasted port!

14. pyro5050

Here is what will probably happen

/warp mining - 500 rupies
    /town spawn - free
    /town spawn other town - 100 rupies
    /spawn - free
    /home - free
    /home otherplayer - 100 rupies

you guys are not reading, so read...

15. Mirrur

Mirrur Member

The warps to the coliseum and the mall should be removed so more people would actually use the walkways between the spawn and mall/coliseum

16. olliestottle

olliestottle Guest

Why so quick to discredit others? You do not start the game with 500r so how could a newbie join the mining world? He is proposing yellow names get free access till they become green. Are you reading?

17. pyro5050

i like that you quoted the issue as well, READ THE DAMN POST AND STOP BEING A DAMN WHINER! Shut up and listen

EVERYONE will have acess to Free /spawn /home /town spawn warps

EVERYONE will have free access to /warp ________ EXCEPT /Warp mining

EVERYONE can vote for the server and get FREE RUPIES

NO ONE has to use /warp mining or any warps for that matter

NO ONE is forcing you to use mining world to mine, Mine in the main world, we dont care!

NO ONE gets an advantage over others because they are new, old, long term players, VIP or otherwise, VIP bonuses are not game changers or free money or anything, they are simple little things like a bank, small protected areas ect

If you actually read what i had commented on, he wanted /home, /spawn and /town spawn to be free, which it is already planned to be. so ollie, shut up and fly right, your already on my short list for being a whiner and not able to comprehend what you are reading.

18. j0hnnyblack

j0hnnyblack New Member VIP

I like this idea, the admins and such have put alot of work into making the server look nice and it should be seen.

19. olliestottle

olliestottle Guest

@Pyro

If you're going to tell everyone who posts on the forum to shutup or reread maybe you shouldn't post, k? How did you even become a mod with that attitude. You have no respect for your fellow player and threaten them with imaginary lists. The world has enough cyber bullies and trolls- Shadecrest doesn't need another.

20. Grimborn

Grimborn New Member

Pryo are you reading? you said everyone will have to pay. but the subject at hand says that YELLOW people will have free warps to the mining world while green people and higher will have to pay. You my friend are not reading.

PS: Pyro if you are going to troll that bad either dont leave a comment, go to the trolling thread, or don't come here at all. This is a peaceful thread not a trolling thread or either shut up and be nice or get out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.