[Accepted] Would You Consider Me Staff Material?(Staff Application)

Discussion in 'Requests and Reports' started by Julianna89, Jan 30, 2017.

?

Would you like Julianna89 to be a staff member?

Poll closed Feb 13, 2017.
  1. Yes

28.6%
  2. No

57.1%
  3. Maybe

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julianna89

Julianna89 New Member

What is your IGN?
    Julianna89

What time zone do live in?
    EST - Eastern Standard Time

Select your age range:
    18 - 20

What staff experience do you have with online (or real life) communities?
    I use to manage 3 servers at a time a couple years ago, but they we're all my own. Not a whole lot of people came on, but it was still fun. I also manage my own business of being a nanny. I don't get a whole lot of jobs, but I make good money just doing one job alone.

When did you join, and how long have you been around? (Use /ontime in game)
    I joined this server on January 10 of 2017, so I haven't been playing long, but I understand and follow the rules precisely.

What times are you most active on ShadeCrest?
    Mostly during the day or in the middle of the night, but I'm usually on all day and all week.

Have you been banned on ShadeCrest for more than 1 day? If so, explain.
    No and I hope I never am.

How often are you on Teamspeak and Skype?
    I'm on skype all the time, I prefer it over a lot of things. I have been on TeamSpeak a view times and plan to be on it more often.

As staff, how will you help our community?
    As staff I would help and ensure that everyone is happy and enjoying the server. I will be on most of the time, so you won't have to worry about having to wait for assistance of a staff member. I'll try to do more with the shops so there is more varieties of supplies. I'll help in any way I can to ensure that everyone is playing appropriately and understanding everyone's point of view in every situation. I'm not one to let people down unless there is a reasonable explanation why, I promise to care about everyone and how they feel in every situation and I will not pick favorites.

If I am chosen to be a part of the staff, I will make sure to work as hard as I can to do what is needed for the server and the players.

2. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

I'd say no. You've not been here a month and have been spamming the chat with the link to this page.

3. Julianna89

Julianna89 New Member

I was not spamming as I said, it was a tiny mistake with the up arrow button when I was messaging someone.

4. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

• You have not been here long.
    • You said you will help with shops. You can make shops regardless of rank, unless you are talking about an adminshop, in which case, can be done by senior staff members quite easily.
    • Not many players are on at around midnight, and are you on all day, or just mornings/afternoons? Staff is generally needed at times of higher traffic than usual or when all other staff would be sleeping but not all players.
    I'd say play on Shadecrest for a good while longer, and then we can see if you'd be good for a staff position.

5. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Guys, time on the server is not that important. That and she's been online something like 116 hours this month, plenty of time for even a complete newbie to be familiar with the rules and at least half of the unlisted features we have.

Also, if we have staff that play in "off" hours, that will either give them time to do more things or slowly expand our peak hours. Our "dead" hours (the fewest online) have recently been pulling 3-4 people. Two months ago, 4-6 players were all we'd pull in at peak, and look how we've grown so far.

GingerSwan and Taylor_Dawn94 like this.
  6. Taylor_Dawn94

Taylor_Dawn94 Member

I agree with Ezeiger. I only put maybe because I wasn't sure she knew all the ins and outs (I sure do not). But, after talking to her today on discord I am positive she'd make a good mod. She is great with new players, always eager to lend a hand, and she is super friendly. I couldn't think of a better person for the job out of the people who are currently regular members.

7. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

Seriously? Holy shit, that's a mad amount.

ezeiger92 likes this.
  8. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

We're giving it a shot, congrats Juli! I'll talk to you in game or discord about stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.